Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Would I be right in thinking that this Ashley Wood is also that Ashley Wood?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Wake

Pete Wells

Fanbloodytastic news! I want me a Dredd, Mean Machine and Joe Pineapples!

Robo-K33F

3A have a good track record and eye for quality.  And Ashley himself is such a massive 2000 AD fan.

I think that this line is going to be fantastic and I'm excited by what he has planned.

Mangamax

Yep, a real talented guy. And his robots always seem to have an early ABC Warriors feel to them:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Steven Sterlacchini

Always in the market for decent 2000AD merchandise.

This looks promising.

I'll take two Dredd's as always. Look forward to seeing the ABC warriors.

uncle fester

I love Ashley Wood's stuff, Twooth-related or otherwise. Will be going shopping the day these come out...

JOE SOAP

pauljholden

Wouldn't it be amazing if they just had a line up of Dredd's as drawn by different artists? (and even some by the same artists in Different eras) both in colour and in b&w (and greyscale - like this Mignola Batman: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042606a.htm )

-pj
(Please, oh mighty Tharg, let this be the toyline that finally clicks!)

Dunk!

QuoteWouldn't it be amazing if they just had a line up of Dredd's as drawn by different artists?

That's a great idea.

The obvious ones please. Bolland, McMahon, Smith, and Gibson in one boxset. Joy.
"Trust we"

ThryllSeekyr

How about line of 2000AD action figures that were villians.

Not just Judge Death, but Kreelman, The Traitor General, Torqumada and Elfric.

Teivion

Always been a fan of Ashley's work long before this was rumoured to be happening...so its great news to hear its finally been cleared!

To the doomlords talking about it only lasting a few figures ( already! jeesh, fatalists or what), Ashley has a large fan base as an artist as well, so people buy his products as collectors of his work, not just because its WWR, Popbot, or 2000AD- so I cant see these being stuck on shelves in shops gathering dust..

If you have been a fan you will also know that Ashleys work is top notch- his figures are famous for having the most amazing paint jobs and being fully articulated- on his robots, even each finger's digits are fully movable, for instance.

The only thing I will say is that from his previous retail methods- they will probably be produced in smallish runs, hence the reason the Bambaland shop is always empty ;-).

Richmond Clements

Quotealready! jeesh, fatalists or what

Well, y'know, 2k fans have had their hopes dashed before with promised figure ranges!

But here's hoping this is the one- I'll second a Gene the Hackman. And Sin/Dex. But most of all there's one series we want, and I'll spell it out to you- ABC.

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

dweezil2

Absolutely frikkin brilliant news! I'll take 'em all! Maybe we'll get that fabled Law Master, at last!
Happy days!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo