Main Menu

The VCs - shorts

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 March, 2010, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well how much did I enjoy that. I was never a fan of the first VCs run, like Rogue Trooper it looked great but... well was not so good to read. I enjoyed Dan Abnett's first run at the strip too but these new short stories, building up into one big picture have been a delight. Much like his work on Sinister Dexter he's happy to use a short tale to move a main plot forward subtly and these are more examples of him doing just that. And rollocking fun they are too.

The main reason I want to make special mention of these stories however is Anthony Williams. While I've always enjoyed his work he's often not been served with the best scripts. When he gets them he certainly shines (as with his current S&D work). Its fair to say that up to this point he's been a journey man artist. Then he disappeared to American shores I believe and the trips done him proud. I love his stuff here. Its testiment to him that a strip that previously been drawn by McMahon, Kennedy and Flint he takes and makes his own. Chuffing lovely.

A blast.