Main Menu

MEG 298 - GO FOR LAUNCH

Started by Buttonman, 22 May, 2010, 12:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Just had to say that the colouring on Dylan's Dredd was beautiful.

Tiplodocus

Yeah - top Meg all round. I think I enjoyed the lot.

The Dredd was a really neat little tale with a nice twist and, as everybody has mentioned, fantastic art.

and PJs art on Johnny Woo is top stuff. I think he's settled into a style that really suits him and is very easy on the eye while being dynamic and clear.

Question about the Black Musuem tale; I appreciate the [spoiler]jump in price of teh munce was for comic effect but the first price jump was really high[/spoiler]. Did somenthing get missed out/lost in transalation.  Similarly, was Beverly actually [spoiler]killed in the robbery[/spoiler]. The Curator's narration says Yes but the story says no.

But apart from those ridiculously minor quiblles, great stuff by all.

I like the idea of the Film Review being more of a discussion about the direction of marvel movies rather than just a review itself. I'd welcome more of that.

And Huff, Buttonman is "the softest man in Paisley" so no need to be scared of him.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

unfortunately I'm the softest man in Edinbra  :o
DDT did a job on me

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 27 May, 2010, 01:38:54 PM
Question about the Black Musuem tale; I appreciate the [spoiler]jump in price of teh munce was for comic effect but the first price jump was really high[/spoiler]. Did somenthing get missed out/lost in transalation.  Similarly, was Beverly actually [spoiler]killed in the robbery[/spoiler]. The Curator's narration says Yes but the story says no.

The [spoiler] prices Stovepipe assigns to the munce: he has no real idea what he's doing at first. But after he's talked to Mankynuts he has a better idea of the price he might be able to fetch.[/spoiler] As for Beverly Everly: [spoiler]Yep, she was killed in the robbery. Can't see where in the story it says she isn't![/spoiler]

-- Mike

House of Usher

I've only read the Judge Dredd story by Robbie Morrison and Dylsan Teague so far.

It was very good in both script and art. The art was stupendous.
STRIKE !!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Dylan Teagues artwork is superb and the story's great too but it was Paul J Holdens work on the japa-manga-anime influenced JohnnyWoo that sealed the deal with Satan for me. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hoagy

Four stonking stories. I met Dylan and asked if he was Dave Gibbons. I met Dave Gibbons and embarrassed him too. Soo, you know...

BUT, don't you think Meat Wagon man looks like Dylan Teague??
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Tiplodocus

QuoteEverly: Can't see where in the story it says she isn't!

Aah, maybe I misread it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hoagy

I always thought munce was a meat supplement. It seems to be some kind of candy or gum.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

James Stacey

Quote from: Krombasher on 03 June, 2010, 08:32:07 PM
I always thought munce was a meat supplement. It seems to be some kind of candy or gum.
Its definitely been used as a meat supplement before. I think it's just a generic food stuff to be used however the story feels fit though.

Dandontdare

I vaguely remember in one story a list of many varied products made from Munce, it seems to be a really versatile product that can be made into just about anything. The only thing I do rememer is that it really stinks when being processed!

I did think this tale was a bit of a rip-off of the umpty candy stories, but enjoyable nonetheless

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 June, 2010, 11:53:47 AM
I did think this tale was a bit of a rip-off of the umpty candy stories, but enjoyable nonetheless

Tch! Rubbish! It's a rip-off of homage to the Western TV show Dead Man's Gun (hence the title), an anthology series that followed the same gun through different owners, itself an old idea that - as far as I recall - has its roots in an ancient Japanese folk-tale of a cursed knife: everyone who came into ownership of the knife died in a variety of horrible ways.

(Many years ago I pitched to my publishers a horror novel about a haunted toaster that had a similar effect on each owner - they very wisely rejected the idea!)

I never even thought of Umpty Candy when I wrote it... That's the hardest thing about writing stories set in Mega-City One: after thirty-three years nearly everything one can think of has already been done!

-- Mike

Proudhuff

and the boots in All quiet on th Western front. Great story Mike by the way made me think of how foodies are here with olive oil etc
DDT did a job on me

staticgirl

Stonking stuff - I really loved everything. Lily McKenzie is an appealing heroine. Has she been in the prog?

dweezil2

Quote from: staticgirl on 05 June, 2010, 08:58:24 PM
Stonking stuff - I really loved everything. Lily McKenzie is an appealing heroine. Has she been in the prog?

Lily Mckenzie was great.
She's not been in the Prog, but started off as an online comic or small press character, I think. Anyone?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo