Main Menu

Leaking aquarium

Started by Aaron A Aardvark, 25 August, 2010, 10:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron A Aardvark

My tropical aquarium is leaking.

Can anyone suggest some kind of magic tape that will seal it? Preferably without needing a 72 litre bowl to put the water in, or getting nasty fish-killing chemicals in the water?

Dandontdare

gaffer tape (or duct tape if you're american) can fix anything in the world. Ever. But it would make a pretty ugly fishtank.

And there's always cheese of course... :D

Richmond Clements

Thank god for that... I though it was going to be some bizarre euphemism...

The Doctor Alt 8

Gaffer/ duct tape is only a temporary solution I suggest phoning your local aquariam surply store quickly.

Do you know where the leek is comming from? Sounds like some join in the tank has worn lose of has the tank been knocked recently?

Borrow if possible a spare tank, you will need this to transfere your fish in while you main tank is properly repaired...

Roger Godpleton

Go to a corner shop and purchase a 2 litre bottle of pop and drink it to get things started.

Sit with your mouth over the leak and let any escaping fluids flow down your mouth.

Pee the escaped fluids back into the tank through a catheter and a very long tube so that you do not have to remove your mouth from the tank.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Nap Normal

Here you go Roger a link to repair your fish tank in 9 easy steps.
http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/aquariumdiy/ht/htrepairsmleaks.htm

Bw
Nap
Falling in love makes you fat.

zombemybabynow

perhaps become a male gigolo to finance buying a new tank?

(Or don't you have the mangina for it?!)
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Aaron A Aardvark

Gaffer tape used to be really good. Now it's more like a very long post-it note.

I have some aquarium sealant but the instructions say that the area must be dry before use. If it was dry it wouldn't be fucking leaking, would it?

James Stacey

Could you perhaps buy a slightly larger aquarium to put the first in, thus containing the spill ?

Noisybast

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 25 August, 2010, 02:50:17 PM
perhaps become a male gigolo to finance buying a new tank?

(Or don't you have the mangina for it?!)

This may sound naive, but aren't all gigolos male?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

davethomson

Quote from: Noisybast on 25 August, 2010, 03:37:39 PM
This may sound naive, but aren't all gigolos male?

They most certainly are but in the case of Rob Schneider it requires extra clarification. You know, in case anyone gets mixed up...  :)
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere