Started by Wake, 17 December, 2001, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

It's very good.
With a classic ending.

Shame it was in colour though!

Scojo

Jayzus B. Christ

Book four, in my opinion, was the best of the Zenith series - it made the other ones look as if they were just preludes to a brilliant climax.
I also enjoyed Zzzenith.com; I don't know why it got such a hard time. maybe it excluded newer readers with its references to older characters.

Matt

Hey! Why bother buying it. Why not just read it off the shelf in WHSmith and then whinge about how crap it is on the messabe board afterwards. That way you don't have to cough up any dough and by doing so deprive the rest of us of any top notch thrills 'cause Rebellion can't afford the writers & artists. Hey! And while you're at it, why not nip round your next door neighbours house and watch their TV so you don't have to pay the license fee.

paulvonscott

Seems to be a consensus that the last book was good, hurrah!  I might have to pester titan to release it.  I was surprised to hear about it being in colour though.

The thing is with zzzenith.com is that it's hard to have much depth in six pages.  So while it might be quite good for a one off, most people are really after something of the same depth as the series.  Hence the dissapointment.  It was like seeing a trailer to a movie, it got you interested but wasn't satisfying in itself.  

As I commented further down the list, the whole Britney thing was pretty appalling.  Morrison has a habit of 'doing things' to people he doesn't like in his strips.  I'd rather he just got on with the story.  

I thought Steve Yeowell was back on form.

paulvonscott

No, the screeching of the harpies as they land on my back once more!  I honestly thought you had got that out of your system.  is this going to happen all the time?

2000AD isn't a charity and I've no proof that rebellion are going to improve it as they claim though I hope they will and the signs are certainly positive.  

During my time in the wasteland, I have been buying collected volumes of stuff I like (or liked) and Dredd volumes by wagner (I have over a metre high pile of reprinted 2000AD stuff I've bought - I pay for quality).  I will buy Prog 2002 because it has at least 2 stories (that's all I ask) I want to read in it.  Just as I bought Prog 2000, 2001 and every issue for the last few years with nemesis and abc warriors in.  

If I hadn't made my trips down to whsmiths I wouldn't have bought any of these issues.  As it happens now this site is here I don't even have to go down to whsmith's, I just look to see if there is a new strip or the return of one of my favourites.  So you don't have to worry about paying for a mag full of rubbish while other people read a six page dredd strip for free anymore.

Back you foul harpy, back I tell you!

McNulty

I absolutely agree with the sentiments put forward in this message. There are 2000ad stories that I would love to have back, mostly because they didn't finish and I could realy do with the closure! The main problem is that there would no way to get the original artists/writers to ressurect their stories and even if they did, they would probably have to modernise them for today's readers. I cite the way the Dan Dare strip ended as an example. If the story was taken up today it probably wouldn't be all that different from that god-awful Revolver story. Robohunter certainly didn't get better when it was ressurected either. Saying this, I still would have liked to know what Feral of "trontium Dogs" actually turned in to. He's been in that coccoon for years now...

paulvonscott

For me Halo Jones never ended properly.  I would wash Alan Moore's moss encrusted feet (no seriously, if that's your thing Alan, I'll do it) if he could bring it back on the high level it was before.  She still had so much to do.

Original Robohunter ended quite well, then it started again then they ended it again.  Then they brought it back in the nineties, 'they' being some complete f*ckwits, not Gibson & Wagner I hasten to add.

As for feral, well, a good winter would have killed him off hopefully.  Apparently you can get some sort of spray.

Thanks for posting McNulty, I feel someone else out there has some opinions I agree with.

pvs

p.s. I don't think Grant Morrison should be allowed to 'interfere' with any more comic characters.  Isn't there a register for that kind of thing these days, the warped freak.

Matt

I'm just playing with you PVS, don't take it to heart. I'm not out to pull people to pieces on this board, I'm even fond of Death Monkey the young whippersnapper!

Thread Zero

Hey Mcnulty,

Feral came out of that thing and became firekind! Or something like that!

He did, honest!
It was written by Alan Smithee (Dave Bishop in other words!) and art by Trevor Hairsine.
Too lazy to check prog numbers though!

scojo

Thread Zero

Feral is a alive and well. See my previous post.

scojo

O Lucky Stevie!

yes, he emerged from that cocoon having metamorphosed into deathmonkey23;)

steven lenfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero

yes, he emerged from that cocoon having metamorphosed into deathmonkey23;)

Ha ha!

Shouldn't Deathy be back here soon what with the end of school term coming up?

On no... Argentina diatribes and obscure music groups here we come!

scojo