Main Menu

2000 AD joins Free Comic Book Day 2011

Started by Emperor, 22 December, 2010, 12:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie's just been granted a sneaky peak of this by of his local ("Keep yr hands where we can see 'em & no breathing on the pages boy!") & now has to tweet Hans Bjelke for assistance in retrieving his socks.

Blimey, Tharg couldn't have picked a more perfect opening strip. It's the rarely seen gem that simultaneously melted little Stevie's apple-cheeked phizog off whilst setting the tone of the Prog back in '77. Courtesy of the artist whom, to this reader, epitomised 2000ad from its Planck Epoch all the way through the Quasar Age of the MacManus years.

& features the other panel* that was seared into this 8 year old's synapses & shall be carried to his grave.

A brilliant, inspired choice that will hopefully set the US fanboys scurrying for a hit of Thrill Power.

Wow.

*[spoiler]*alongside [/spoiler][spoiler]Old One Eye's final kill.[/spoiler]
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Spaceghost

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 07 April, 2011, 05:54:08 AM
Blimey, Tharg couldn't have picked a more perfect opening strip. It's the rarely seen gem that simultaneously melted little Stevie's apple-cheeked phizog off whilst setting the tone of the Prog back in '77. Courtesy of the artist whom, to this reader, epitomised 2000ad from its Planck Epoch all the way through the Quasar Age of the MacManus years.

After all that waffling on, you still haven't told us what it is.  ;)
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Robo-K33F

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 07 April, 2011, 05:54:08 AM
Stevie's just been granted a sneaky peak of this by of his local ("Keep yr hands where we can see 'em & no breathing on the pages boy!") & now has to tweet Hans Bjelke for assistance in retrieving his socks.

& features the other panel* that was seared into this 8 year old's synapses & shall be carried to his grave.

A brilliant, inspired choice that will hopefully set the US fanboys scurrying for a hit of Thrill Power.

Wow.

*[spoiler]*alongside [/spoiler][spoiler]Old One Eye's final kill.[/spoiler]

Yeah, good choice me...ah,I mean good choice Tharg.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Lee Bates on 07 April, 2011, 08:10:08 AM
After all that waffling on, you still haven't told us what it is.  ;)

"Spoilers sweetie. Spoilers."

Let's just say that if you'd read the story in question back in the day, you'd know exactly the one that Stevie means.

Or alternatively, [spoiler]clickitty click[/spoiler]
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

James12

Thats awesome news, don't want to start up a 2000AD v Marvel, but 2000AD is 1000 times better and should have all the best writers!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just had a text, they are in!
Let's hope its my full order  ;)

Bolt-01

Here's hoping Tharg, in his infinite wisdom and boundless generosity deigns to pass copies of this to the subscribers- many of whom will not have access to comic-shops.

If not I'll have to ask CF to save me one :)

Molch-R

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 April, 2011, 12:45:24 PM
Here's hoping Tharg, in his infinite wisdom and boundless generosity deigns to pass copies of this to the subscribers- many of whom will not have access to comic-shops.

That isn't something we'll be doing - the FCBD sampler is available through comic book shops only.

Bolt-01

COMMANDO FORCES

I am looking at all 20 now but can't have them until the actual day.
As I obey the law, I will be leaving them at the shop till that fun day  :D

COMMANDO FORCES

Have no fear Bolt-01, you have been good to me, so I shall give you one and a sampler  ;)

As said earlier, these things are 'not' free to the comic shops and that's why I paid for all the issues that I asked for. Also as I mentioned I have left them all at the shop and am waiting for the big day.

Anyone who asked above in the thread can have one and just to wet your appetite, here is a sneaky peak of the magic 20

dweezil2

Put me down for one please Judge Burdis!

I'll pay all necessary postage costs, etc! :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

klute

This thread is the first time ive heard of FCBD is it worth taking myself and my 4 year old who is expressing a like for comics,to one of these store events?

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.