Main Menu

Mick McMahon starts blogging

Started by Emperor, 18 June, 2011, 02:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

In all the spamming this thread was "accidentally" deleted (hmmm) so here it is again:

http://tuggingyourcoat.blogspot.com

Latest post, his most recent run on ABC Warriors:

http://tuggingyourcoat.blogspot.com/2011/06/abc-warriors-2001.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SuperSurfer

So many blogs to keep track of. But Mick McMahon's I will definitely make sure I keep tabs on.

Quite interesting to see he inked printouts of his ABC Warrior pencils in case he made mistakes. Now how could he mess up his pencils when he is surely he is one of the best comic artists ever.

Didn't his inking style for Slaine come about due to working on tracing paper, again for fear of making mistakes? That style is still influencing artists today.

Pete Wells

This blog is absolutely wonderful. I dunno what goes on in that man's brain but the results are stunning...

O Lucky Stevie!

Those Tank Girl pages look P.H.E.N.O.M.E.N.A.L.

Pity that they're not going to see oversized print glory in the Meg.  :(
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Richmond Clements

QuoteIn all the spamming this thread was "accidentally" deleted (hmmm)

Honest Guv! It was a mistake!

Steven Sterlacchini

Brilliant stuff!

Kestrels is looking very interesting.

Steven.

Spikes

Such a humble guy when it comes to his talent. loving his blog btw

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Spikes

doesnt rufus have this on his CAF page, if not then something similar?

yes only a sketch to mick, but to us mere mortals.........

Emperor

Spikes

see mick's started selling original art and prints via his blog,  :)

at present some decap attack pages and tank girl concept designs are up for grabs

O Lucky Stevie!

A new address

http://tuggingyourcoat.com/

& a swag of new posts including this Olympian tidbit:

QuoteOr should that be a more cartoony Slaine? I drew this head a long time ago. For an interview (I think). I loved drawing Slaine.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Cactus

It was interesting to see a sample of 40k work he did for an N-Gage game. I never would have known about it otherwise. Loving the angry Space Wolf portrait!  :D
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Pete Wells

Quote from: The return of Judge Jack on 06 October, 2011, 11:34:41 PM
see mick's started selling original art and prints via his blog,  :)

at present some decap attack pages and tank girl concept designs are up for grabs

It'll be one helluva a scramble if he starts putting Dredds on there!

Spikes

For those that are waiting for their commissions to land, Mick has started to post images for some finished ones.