Main Menu

So who sent something to STRIP?

Started by Alski, 20 July, 2011, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

I managed to get a 6 pager together, with some great art by Davey Cavendish. Not SF in any way, just a rough and ready thriller with guns and stuff.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Alski on 20 July, 2011, 04:07:46 PM
I managed to get a 6 pager together, with some great art by Davey Cavendish. Not SF in any way, just a rough and ready thriller with guns and stuff.

Goodness, first forgetting your letterer's name, then misspelling (badly) your artist's name! Oh! For shame!

davethomson

Assuming I manage to colour it in time, Dave Hailwood and I will have something submitted to STRIP. It is a lot of colouring to do though, I may require an all-nighter. Time to put the coffee on. :(
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

SmallBlueThing

Davey Candlish may as well just change his name to Cavendish and be done with it! I have always read it as such, for some unknown reason, and sent him some stuff recently addressed thus, without even a second thought.

Who is davey cavendish, that's what i'd like to know, and why is his name in our brains?

SBT

Alski

Woops! AT least it was spelled right on the strip!
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 July, 2011, 05:14:29 PM

Who is davey cavendish, that's what i'd like to know, and why is his name in our brains?

Why, he's a little Asian guy with a big smile, of course: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1390076067

Why wouldn't he be on all our minds?

Daveycandlish

Well he looks just like me! Well he would if he was a six foot tall ginger Geordie.
But can he draw pretty pictures?

I've had forty years of people getting my name wrong - I'm kinda used to it. My Missus on the other hand has got to the stage of sending mail back "Not known at this address" if her name is mis-spelt. And she will tell people who telemarket us and get the name wrong "No, no-one here by that name"

Back on track for the thread; not only have I drawn up Alski's script, I've submitted Jikan and the Kappa King for consideration as (with the slightest of editing) it fitted nicely into the six page format requested and is the least blood- thirsty of the stories drawn so far!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Van Dom

The strip myself and Archey are working on wont make the deadline --- mainly due to me not writing the script in any kind of time to give poor Archey a chance! --- but thats cool, we're going to take our time with it and have it ready for the next call for submissions.

I was thinking about sending in another 6 pager I did last year with someone else but wasnt sure if it was ok to submit stuff that isnt 'brand new'. I take it, since you are submitting Kappa King Davey, that this is actually okay??? well, I'm going to do it anyway! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

vzzbux

Back off topic. I'm another one who has read your name wrong, sorry.
The brain can be a lazy thing sometimes.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.