Main Menu

MEG 314 : MISSING IN ACTION

Started by Buttonman, 13 August, 2011, 11:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 22 August, 2011, 12:16:58 PM
Hawkmonger- I may be wrong, but I think the baddies at the end of Koburn are Gila Munja. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Not sure who they are. The only pictures I got when I googled them turned up with trapper hag.
What story/s have they previously appeared in?

Joe Soap-Im not Poirot. I'm haven't dtetected the clue you speak of.

JOE SOAP

There's a Gila Munja in the background of Dredd and Koburn.

Hawkmumbler

Oh I saw that! I thought you where refering to some deep context! ::)

Greg M.

I haven't read the issue, but that looks like a Gila Bruja on the cover, not a Gila Munja. (Gila Bruja were introduced in that Missionary Man story where he's leading a bunch of folk to some promised land. They're all a bit spooky.)

James Stacey

Definitely Gila Bruja. Good call Greg.

James Stacey

Bingo :
Judge Dredd 316 -
[spoiler]More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Having escaped from his captors, a former slave seeks vengeance in Unchained by Mike Carroll and John Higgins; Cursed Earth Koburn and Judge Rico plunge deeper into Gila Bruja madness in Going After Billy Zane by Gordon Rennie and Carlos Ezquerra; and enter into a world of extreme identity theft in the opener of the mindblowing American Reaper by Pat Mills and Clint Langley. Plus, in the bagged graphic novel this month, Mercy Heights comes to its galaxy-shaking climax by John Tomlinson, Trevor Hairsine, and Lee Sullivan![/spoiler]

Hawkmumbler

Just finished reading mercy heights book two.
I'm enjoying it, but wishing they'd get it over with so we can have something 'new'.
Does anyone have any idea what will be reprinted next?

Goosegash

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 August, 2011, 12:12:03 PM
I wish Rebellion/Clickwheel could be bothered to update the Meg, IT'S STILL ONLY ON FAKKIN' ISSUE 311...

Well, the 2000AD shop has 312 for download. You just have to pay an extra £1.86 for the privilege!

DrJomster

Catching up digitally.

I have to give some love to some of the large panels of the city in Dredd. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff. That bike shot that was mentioned above was nice too.

More love to King Carlos. Simply wonderful. Lovely face-off scene with Rico too.

Yet more love to Numbercruncher. Very fine work, lads! Looking forward to the end now!

Enjoying the meg a lot I have to say. Haven't read any of the Mercy Heights though. Quick skim just doesn't appeal. Maybe it's the period it's from that's putting me off? *ponders* The last freebie reprint I really liked was The Balls Brothers. Wasn't expecting to, but it was very good indeed.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.