Main Menu

New comic - contributors wanted!

Started by Daveycandlish, 24 August, 2011, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

So I've been listening to a show on Radio 4 about Amicus and Hammer films
http://bbc.in/1dBM1nb
and it's inspired me to resurrect this thread.

I have nearly all of Hammer's output on dvd but none of the Amicus portmanteau horrors.

Any creatives fancy contributing to a new issue, trying to recreate the Amicus vibe?

I'll be looking for short horror tales (5 pages or so) and artists to draw them up.

PM or email me with story ideas/pitches/scripts and artwork if you are interested
(email daveycandlish[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk)

If you read the first issue, you'll know it was brilliant.
If you didn't, you can download it for FREE here
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=785432
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

I think I've got all the stories sorted for this but still need a quality small press artist or two to draw up a four pager. Any takers?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Daveycandlish

Horror fans! I'm looking to compile an article for the new issue of AAIIEEE!!!
If you're a fan of Hammer/Universal/Amicus movies - What's your favourite horror film/scene? And why?

(If you haven't read the previous issues, you can download them for free from here
http://www.lulu.com/shop/paragon-comic/aaiieee-2/ebook/product-21751582.html )

Daveycandlish

I've got a marvellous script that needs a marvellous artist to draw it in the style of Misty comic or House of Hammer's Van Helsing Terror Tales

Anyone willing to take on a six pager for the next issue of this fantastic horror comic, AAIIEEE!!!?

Daveycandlish

I find my passion reignited for this project and I'm looking for contributors to the next issue of AAIIEEE!!! the horror anthology  :)

The first issue was a loving tribute to Scream! comic, the second to Amicus films of the 60's and 70's.

This new issue will honour the fantastic 70's magazine Hammer House of Horror, created by Dez Skinn.

If you want to contribute, get in touch!  :) :) :) :)

Daveycandlish

ARTIST NEEDED for a six pager in the style of Misty comic. Any volunteers?