Main Menu

Dark Justice League film?

Started by Goaty, 02 November, 2012, 02:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 November, 2012, 05:15:44 PM
There you go you see, what with being older than fourteen when bill and ted came out, i think it's bloody awful.

NO! I will not stand for such heretical nonsense! Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is a work of unparalleled genius, its cheesey eightiesness infused with hidden depths the average human mind can barely conceive of!

It's also one of very few films with time travel scenes that stand up to close scrutiny without collapsing into a horrible, illogical mess... and then there's that explanation of how Ted escaped the blade of the 'medieval dickweed'.

You are clearly quite mad, sir, and totally bogus and very likely non-non-heinous.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 November, 2012, 06:13:54 PM...mind so did Ange Lee too...

Am I the only person who liked Hulk?

And yes B&T were totally excellent, dude.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 November, 2012, 07:36:45 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 November, 2012, 06:13:54 PM...mind so did Ange Lee too...

Am I the only person who liked Hulk?

And yes B&T were totally excellent, dude.
I like bits of it. I like that they tried to do something different, but it didn't quite work...

And yeah, the first B & T movie is very clever and very funny. Plus, y'know, George Carlin.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 November, 2012, 05:15:44 PM
one of those wherein they changed the source material so much it was hardly worth paying the fee not to be sued in the first place.

Yeah -- that was the thing that baffled me about the Constantine movie. It's not like the comic has this massive fan-base that would guarantee a hit film so you'd have to assume that there was something inherent in the book that the producers thought would make a good film -- presumably the effortlessly cool occult cockney chancer with the Liverpool roots, for whom the Gates of Hell gape thrice as wide as the rest of us. If you're going to ditch that and have an occult PI with a trench coat, you've got Harry Dresden, so why bother sticking the Hellblazer name on it all?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

to continue the thread drift, I did think that Tilda Swinton's performance and the joke about the magic passwords to get in the club, were the two things that elevated Constantine into an okay movie rather than a total disaster.

Goaty

About Constantine, they could re-casting, as they did with Superman!!

Andy Diggle tweet this,

Paul Bettany as John Constantine

I like that, brilliant idea! Even I found this image on google, so perfect!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Goaty on 02 November, 2012, 09:36:08 PM
About Constantine, they could re-casting, as they did with Superman!!

Andy Diggle tweet this,

Paul Bettany as John Constantine

I like that, brilliant idea! Even I found this image on google, so perfect!

Sean Pertwee or nobody!

Al_Ewing

That list of characters is giving me an American Gothic vibe - that might make for a decent film. (Or it might not.)
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Mardroid

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 02 November, 2012, 11:42:40 PM
That list of characters is giving me an American Gothic vibe - that might make for a decent film. (Or it might not.)

There was a series of that name a while back. Completely unrelated to the comic.* Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time a name was reused. Even if they had to add another name like 'assemble.'

*And what a weird series it was. I enjoyed it although it got a bit silly near the end before dying an untimely death.

I, Cosh

I'd have thought the relative anonymity of these characters would work in the favour of an ensemble film.  The magic aspect could make it stand out from the crowd. Or it might just make it seem stupid, I suppose. It's hard to tell.

In the same vein, Hellboy's a bit shit but Blade 2 is one of the better comic films. I guess my conclusion is that this could go either way.

Bill and Ted are charming and Tilda Swinton elevates most things she appears in.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

I elevated your Mom when I appeared in her.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 November, 2012, 12:13:55 PM
I elevated your Mom when I appeared in her.

Tips has been possessed by Rogers spirit. Or is just full of spirits.

Only YOU can save him.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

It's still on, with new information;

Hellboy director Guillermo del Toro's supernatural DC Comics movie – referred to as Justice League Dark by fans in reference to the current DC superteam comprising of the same characters – is officially in development under the name Dark Universe.

"I'm working on it," del Toro told IGN. "I'm writing the outline and we're already in talks with a writer. A very, very good writer. People are probably going to be happy with who we have chosen. He accepted. I've been courting this writer, who I think is the perfect guy for this job. We're doing it. Hopefully it will happen."

He then added that his main characters would be John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Zatanna and her father Zatara, and Etrigan, The Demon.

"Swamp Thing, for me is a rock star," added del Toro. The Demon, Etrigan, is amazing. And then you go to Constantine, who I thought is an amazing creation — and I want to do the Constantine of the comics. Deadman is really a lot of work, but a lot of fun...."

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/33764/guillermo-del-toros-justice-league-dark-movie-is-go/

SmallBlueThing

This wont happen, but i'd be pleased if it did. What will happen is del toro will spend an age faffing about 'developing' it, while simultaneously faffing about 'developing' many other features, none of which will be made. Eventually he will make something else, and the project will fall into the hands of some dick, causing mild fan-angst. Finally it will either die, or turn up as a tv pilot. Or a saturday morning cartoon.

SBT

Dandontdare