Main Menu

2000 AD: A-Z

Started by simontm, 13 December, 2012, 12:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simontm

Hi

Love doodling but struggle to focus so decided to theme my sketchbooks which, attm, is an A-Z of Tooth and in the intros someone asked me for more than the first one, so thought here was a good idea(?)

Apologies for the quality of pics as scanner and me have had a falling out with it flatly refusing to scan a whole page  :( So had to take pics on the phone.

Anyway, first up, and appropriately, ABC Warriors

simontm

B is for Button Man.

Really don't like this one, but self-imposed rule draw up and move on! So will revisit at some point.

simontm

C is for Chopper

Last one for the day. I have broken his thumb and one foot is bigger than the other.  :-[

Ah well, this is a sketchbook, right? Who's with me? Charrrrggggeee. (Double points for reference  :D )

simontm

D is for DR and Quinch:

Does anyone else find it really hard to do characters like these without falling into outright copying?

Dandontdare

when it's only been done by one artist in just a few strips, it's impossible not to. Extra points for THUMP as a sound effect though! And I like the Chopper too - looking forward to E-Z!

Daveycandlish

Nice work! Keep 'em coming!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, i like these a lot and yep, it's very difficult to draw D.R & Quinch without channeling Mr Davis. Especially fond of the ABCs there. Do more!

SBT

Alski

Loving these, very good stuff
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

simontm

Thanks for the replies, here's E: Evans the Fist

simontm

Richmond Clements

simontm

Thanks Rich

G is for Galen DeMarco (I know cheating a bit  ;) )

NapalmKev

Really good work. That 'Finn' drawing is very nice, my favorite out of them all.

Top stuff!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

LARF

These are BRILLIANT!

Galen's boobs are not big enough though  :-\

simontm

Thanks Kev, was fun to draw.

Sorry LARF, I'll try better next time  ;)

Here's H for Halo Jones