Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Prodigal

As someone who has only been on the 2000Ad bandwagon since last Christmas I have to say the freebies are very welcome-I probably won't have read the material and as others have said they help justify the hefty price of the meg. Even then I must confess I am not a regular reader.

I get the increasing impression on here that meg readers are a minority of the overall constituency-when i first joined i thought 66% that bought the prog also picked up the meg. What is the situation as a matter of interest?

Grant Goggans

I wish you guys would quit binning the floppies.  Set them to one side and drop a few at the children's ward of a local hospital instead.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 29 December, 2012, 01:43:10 PM
Set them to one side and drop a few at the children's ward of a local hospital instead.

Kids love Canon Fodder! I certainly did ;)

Skullmo

The floppy is the best thing about the Meg. I only buy it for the floppy.

I am a bit disappointed that Finn was started and then halted :-( I really ejoyed re reading this and would like to see the whole thing reprinted!

Personally, I would prefer if the Extreme Edition returned as well. There is some great stuff that I would love to see reprinted which is unlikely to get the GN treatment (Armoured Gideon for example).

Long live the floppy!
It's a joke. I was joking.

sheldipez

Just finished 331 and thought the "Disaster 1999" floppy was good dumb fun. The Megazine was a good read too. I think you get a lot of content for the £5.60 coverprice.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 December, 2012, 04:20:33 PM
I am a bit disappointed that Finn was started and then halted :-( I really ejoyed re reading this and would like to see the whole thing reprinted!

Yeah but they did a "Vol.1" with Downlode Tales as well - I presume they'll pick Finn up again later!

Skullmo

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 29 December, 2012, 10:17:29 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 29 December, 2012, 04:20:33 PM

Yeah but they did a "Vol.1" with Downlode Tales as well - I presume they'll pick Finn up again later!

Oh, I don't mind that they did not continue that :D

Proudhuff

What are these listed on ebay as? anyone know? had a quick look but couldn't see em
DDT did a job on me

Skullmo

If anyone has floppies that they want to get rid of PM me I would gladly take them off your hands and have loads to trade (and could even flash a few creeds).

I have been a subscriber this year, but before that I missed the Strontium Dogs reprints, the Samantha Slade and the Carl Critchlow Flesh Reprints (I prob missed a few others that would interest me too so let me know what you want rid of).

Cheers!

staticgirl

I really enjoy the floppies and have kept the best ones. Some I've never read before, some are a nostalgic reminder. I would love to see Firekind in there if there's never going to be a tpb version.

Bolt-01

Static- can't you get hold of the EE reprint of Firekind?

The Monarch

i want more downlode tales...rebellions biggest screwup since taking over was leaving those out of their graphic novel run...

DrJomster

They're a great opportunity to see stuff you wouldn't otherwise get a look at.

Support your Meg, good people! 
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Cthulouis

Seeing as it looks unlikely Red Seas is ever going to get collected in a tpb, could we have a few floppies worth of that?