Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2013

Started by Satanist, 12 January, 2013, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Looks like its happening again with an announcement due tomorrow...

http://www.glasgowcomiccon.com/

TBH I hope they have a new venue as nice as the church is it was mobbed last year and splitting it into 2 separate buildings was a bit of a pain.

There's also this but not sure if its aimed more at tv/film...

http://www.develop-online.net/press-releases/93733/MCM-Scotland-Comic-Con-2013

I was at some scifi thingy at SECC a few years ago and the highlight was meeting Archie Gemmill. Make of that what you will.

And even if you don't fancy it then there's always beer.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Montynero

Judo

Yay an excuse for the pub!  Will you be going again this year mark?  And do you have any odds on for bookings?  10p says dave gibbons if he's livin in uk. 

I've been dragged to a couple of the memorabilia things but it was all ex dr who's and bit part star trek stars.  Owing to not watching tv I had no idea who anyone was but the toys were good x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Tiplodocus

I'm game. I think it clashed with a family do last year.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

It's on 13/14 of July at the CCA.

Tickets on sale 14 Feb.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

ach, school hols, not sure if I'll be around... :(
DDT did a job on me

GordonR

The CCA (or Third Eye Centre, as old farts like me would still insist on calling it) is a much better venue, and in a location that doesn't involve a 15-minute walk to find a pub where you won't get stabbed.

Proudhuff

Quote from: GordonR on 01 February, 2013, 02:29:06 PM
The CCA (or Third Eye Centre, as old farts like me would still insist on calling it) is a much better venue, and in a location that doesn't involve a 15-minute walk to find a pub where you won't get stabbed.

your soooo picky
DDT did a job on me

Judo

Yay John Wagner and Cam Kennedy confirmed.  Yayay!

Dont worry grennie we'll find you something else to moan about ;) x

Judo

Carlos Ezquerra confirmed.  And eeeee at the possibility of Carlos Ezquerra, John Wagner, Cam Kennedy, Colin Macneil and Alan Grant at the same con would be lovely x

Proudhuff

Quote from: Judo on 25 February, 2013, 04:13:32 PM
Carlos Ezquerra confirmed.  And eeeee at the possibility of Carlos Ezquerra, John Wagner, Cam Kennedy, Colin Macneil and Alan Grant at the same con would be lovely x

Okay that's it I'm in!!  Ticket bought, fingers crossed we can't afford a holiday   :-\
DDT did a job on me

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: GordonR on 01 February, 2013, 02:29:06 PM

The Minty screening was at the CCA, it's a very nice space.

Steve Green

Yeah, I'll second that, very impressed with it.

Cpt Rhodes

Hey Steve G/Minty, is it possible you will be back at the Glasgow con with the film?

Steve Green

Well, the film will be online by that point anyway - but they did ask about showing it, which we're happy for them to do.

It's all a bit up in the air as to whether we'll be up there - I can't really see past March at the moment.

Cheers

Steve