Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Empty Nest had a spin-off called Golden Girls?

Hunter and Mockingbird are okay as part of the SHIELD ensemble, but this episode showed that when they're center-screen for prolonged periods of time they are fucking unbearable - which is ideally something you don't want to draw attention to just before you give them their own spin-off replacing a much-loved (if not much-watched) show like Agent Carter.  It is - I believe the kids say - tay sucks-oars.

CrazyFoxMachine

Well - I don't think it's even been commissioned for a series yet :S We'll just see them sheepishly pop back into Agents if it doesn't work out, I'm sure  ::)

Dandontdare

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 March, 2016, 12:12:17 PM
It's like that episode of Golden Girls where they turned it into a pilot for 'Empty Nests' (DON'T PRETEND THAT'S NOT A REFERENCE EVERYBODY GETS. I FUCKING LOVE THE GOLDEN GIRLS).

None of THESE is you is it?

8-Ball

I might have said this somewhere before in this thread but, out of all the comic book TV shows that are clogging up the schedules, AoS remains my very favourite.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

CrazyFoxMachine

So ... nobody has found anything to say about the 18 or so episodes of Season 4?

Tonight after far too long I've decided to pack it in - probably should have done in the first year tbh! The whole season has been building to a [spoiler]"What If" scenario and by fuck if it isn't the most boring thing I've ever seen. How does a show make a mirror episode it's lowest ebb? Criminal behavior really - and they've made the decision to 'desaturate' the evil universe, so it's hoorrrible looking like a modern DC movie. Everything is a pallid Gollum's-skin tone and nothing's really happening and I'm like[/spoiler]... bleh.

It's cheap, it's schlocky but my god Legends of Tomorrow makes Agents look like an absolute waste of space. With their budget they've already had colossal superhero battles and universe-bending paradoxes, they even had a "what if" episode the other-week and it had a massive explosive finale. It was dumb as balls but my god at least it was fun. Agents - you set yourself up an entire [spoiler]constructed universe WHERE ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN and you made it both dumb AND BORING[/spoiler] and that's a cannable offense. Thanks for the memories. Those I can remember.

Theblazeuk

I have not watched it since Season 3, but that & season 2 was certainly the most I have ever enjoyed an Inhumans storyline that wasn't just Lockjaw messing around with the Power Pack or the FF.

Proudhuff

Two episodes of Flaming Skulls and I had had enough CrazyFox  is spot on... I enjoyed the whole dark evil matter stuff, but to re-jig everything for Ghostrider, or whatever was a crime.
DDT did a job on me