Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Coulson Lives - well, this is Marvel based so they could just pitch it as being in some alternate universe.  That solves most problems of this type.  :thumbsup:

Steve Green

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 13 May, 2013, 01:35:16 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2013, 08:55:16 AM
Oh c'mon - it's an adaptation of a comic book - resurrections are the norm.

Lots of things are the norm in comics, like alienating female audience members, poor characters and dodgy racial politics - doesn't mean we should endorse them in other media.

Of course, Coulson is a brand character now, appearing in the comics, videogames and cartoons, so Marvel naturally want their mileage out of him.

Hardly the same, and we are talking about a franchise which has a God and his magic hammer knocking around.

Goaty

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2013, 02:16:14 PM
Hardly the same, and we are talking about a franchise which has a God and his magic hammer knocking around.

And a man sleep for 70 years...

And a little man with bad skin of green that knock biggest alien monsters!

Steve Green

Quite.

Although I do wonder if he's being brought back to kill him again.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 May, 2013, 02:16:14 PMHardly the same, and we are talking about a franchise which has a God and his magic hammer knocking around.

It's not meant to be a direct equivalent, no, but it is meant to suggest that not all things in various mediums are going to work - or should be encouraged or endorsed - in others.  If death has no meaning, where's the dramatic tension?

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 13 May, 2013, 04:27:11 PMIf death has no meaning, where's the dramatic tension?

Oh grave where is thy victory?  The sting of Death is sin, and the power of sin is the Law.  (1 Cor. 15:55; but see also Hosea 13:14).  Always amazed that one hasn't cropped up in Dredd or Anderson.

Goaty

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 May, 2013, 12:37:19 PM
Should clarify that I think Whedon is a living god, and any criticisms I have are those of a devout worshipper.  It just seems odd for a creator who makes great dramatic mileage out of sudden and unexpected death among his beloved casts to be going about resurrecting them (See also: Jehovah).  Basically what I'm saying is WHY NOT ANYA OR WASH, YOU BASTARD.

Why not ask him, he is now on twitter!

@JossActual

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 13 May, 2013, 11:43:51 PM

Twitter is the tool of Satan!  Truly you are the Goat of Mendes.

Professor Bear

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 May, 2013, 01:09:06 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 13 May, 2013, 11:43:51 PM

Twitter is the tool of Satan!  Truly you are the Goaty of Mendes.

Fixed.

I have to grudgingly admit that twitter is pretty great, it's just so damned high maintenance that I can see people getting overwhelmed by it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 14 May, 2013, 01:40:37 AM...it's just so damned high maintenance that I can see people getting overwhelmed by it.

Yeah, I've been with women like that*.

*Not really. 

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Colin YNWA

Finally got around to watching the trailer and have to say it looked mighty fun. Okay so its all a bit shiny and glossy but that shouldn't be a surprise I guess but yeah looked fun. And damn I know people think Agent Coulson should stay dead and I can see why but he's such a fine character I'll got over that.

Remember this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAMgkpQYOSQ

Also is that meant to be Luke Cage in the trailer? Do we know yet?

COMMANDO FORCES

Full trailer is now online and LEVEL 7 reveals all.

Trailer is here!

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 May, 2013, 07:58:50 AM
Also is that meant to be Luke Cage in the trailer? Do we know yet?

No info on if he Luke Cage or not, but check out this image; it nice to see J. August Richards of Angel!