Main Menu

MEG 338 - Dredd Comes Down Hard on Crime

Started by Buttonman, 13 July, 2013, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

A Prog / Meg double? I say yes! Early rise for Glasgow Comic Con rewarded with an early post droppage.

Cracking Cliff cover woth some real squelch action.

Nice looking Dredd by Boo. It's one of those jumpabouty timeline jobs with a start in the middle and then '6 days ago' - non-linear narrative to all you boffins. One shot story - good fun.

Interview with TC who wrote the dredd. Wait until the toilet calls for that one.

Ditto Q&A with Lee Garbett.

More Boo and TC in a 'Tales from the Cursed earth'. Still to read but not ticking the 'variety' box so far.

Bit of action in Dan Francisco and a Twisted Tale from Bob.

A full Meg rounds off with Insurrection and a Dreddlines page with only 3 letters which are a bit longwinded and belong to none of the main contenders (me). Ade Bowen , Dan Banks and J. Cowie take a bow!

Good Meg stuffed with content. A treat that keeps on giving!

Mabs

I'm assuming you haven't read the floppy yet, B'man, but any thoughts nonetheless? Ie. Does it look like something you look forward to reading? Artwork, etc? Cheers.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Buttonman

Nah the floppy goes on the pile but I do always read them and often find something I like 'Black Light' a case in point. This month's is 'Night Zero' which appeared in Progs 512, 607-616 and 729. I'd have read these on publication 25 years ago so it'll be all new to me!

Looks ok with plenty of action and some lush Kev Hopgood art.

Next month's offering is 'Black Siddha' which is a lot more recent and a lot less welcome!

Mabs

Lol! Thanks for the info, mate. I enjoyed Blacklight too, pleasantly surprised I was, as I thought it'd be crap. Loved the extra stories in last months one too, HAL 9000 in car form!  :D

My Twitter @nexuswookie

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Mabs

This weeks Prog said Meg 340,  so a bit of a wait. I thought it would be this issue, hence a little gutted.  :(

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Slip de Garcon

Night Zero?

Seriously?

Are the editorial team playing a running prank on the readership by presenting them with the worst stories they can find?

I'm starting to think so. There have been some cracking stories over the years in 2000ad, yet the ones that we get with the Meg almost always make me groan when I see what they are.

JUDGE BURNS

hey Button man...whats this about a Glasgow Comic -Con?????   when ?? whereabouts in glasgow ???

Snuffers

Just finished reading the first story. I am bought with the partnership of T.C. and Boo. Just a perfect little Dredd there. Art was perfect, Dredd lookin' right. I enjoyed how colourful it was. I'm fed up with so many things set in grim futures making the colour palette grim too.
Please bring more of these two. Looking forward to red the next story by them in this very issue! Cheers, Matt.
@NigelSnufkin

Eamonn Clarke

Love the cover, recalls some of the stuff that Brian Bolland used to do for other publications like his Time Out cover

Buttonman

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 13 July, 2013, 05:48:54 PM
hey Button man...whats this about a Glasgow Comic -Con?????   when ?? whereabouts in glasgow ???

Not sure if serious?..it's been all over the board and has its own thread - was yesterday and today so you'd best get moving!

moly

Loved the cover and dredd this month, and much more enjoyable without 20 odd pages of reaper

JUDGE BURNS

Quote from: Buttonman on 14 July, 2013, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 13 July, 2013, 05:48:54 PM

Not sure if serious?..it's been all over the board and has its own thread - was yesterday and today so you'd best get moving!

Cheers Buttonman.

DAMN IT  I missed it again!      I don't have the spare time to read all over the multiple threads on this website, or any others for that matter. Being self employed takes up a lot of my time now. A single wee advert or an e-mail would be great to remind me of any future Glasgow Comic -con. Who organisies it?

Buttonman

No idea but I'll try and remember to give you a prod next year.

James Stacey

Now that's a Meg that almost makes up for the indeterminable ramblings of months of Sexy Ostriches. There's been some great creator owned stuff in the Meg, such as Lily Mackenzie and Numbercruncher but this was pure Dreddworld action. Two Boo's too, we are being spoiled. More than made up for the lack of prog appearance.