Main Menu

Meg 339. TV Smash!

Started by Proudhuff, 19 August, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

lack of peeps getting the meg, or just the Holiday season?

Anyway a nice action cover a bit orange, but it is the future.

Dredd; Nurture. Part one. A good strong start to this tale, some great layouts and fine Hershey

Text: Bissette and Slaine.

Black Museum Fine tale

Dan Fran: Molten Magma? punch up? just needs a belt

Furure shock: Flint on this what's not to like?

Text story: in the read pile

Insurrection III: more cracking stuff

overall a really full Meg with high comic page count and quaility text, but no letters page and a great ad for 340.

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

What's the Slaine piece cover, Huff?  For a wonderful moment I misread you as 'Bissette on Slaine', but I'd settle for an interesting article.  Thinking of buying my first Meg for 4 or 5 years.

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 August, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Just waitin til wednesday!

Interesting having a Future Shock in the Meg...and Flint no less. Good stuff.

IronGraham

I really enjoyed this issue cover to cover. top strip was Dredd for me
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Recrewt

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 August, 2013, 04:15:40 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 August, 2013, 03:58:42 PM

Just waitin til wednesday!

Interesting having a Future Shock in the Meg...and Flint no less. Good stuff.

There seems to be less subbers who get the Meg than the Prog so the new Meg thread always seems to be a slow starter.  I'm not a subber so like LP I have to wait til Wednesday.  The Megs have not been bad of late and it's interesting to see that you have said Dredd is a Part1, as that is something we have been missing this year in the Meg - a multi-part Dredd story.  Not that the recent one-shots have been bad but it's nice to have something longer now and then.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 August, 2013, 04:13:31 PM
What's the Slaine piece cover, Huff?  For a wonderful moment I misread you as 'Bissette on Slaine', but I'd settle for an interesting article.  Thinking of buying my first Meg for 4 or 5 years.

Sorry, Bissette stuff is a QI article on his time in comics with Taboo taking most of the space along side Dino pics.
Slaine, is basically a advertorial for Book of Scars with input from PM. McMahon etc

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

For the first time in, we'll, ever, I enjoyed a Meg more than a concurrent prog.

Nice little Tale from the Crypt Black Museum. Really good Future Shock (and more welcome than text). Great little Dredd - although it felt like it was one and done, I see it is a multi- parter. I'm intrigued to see where it gies, and the heatseeker stuff was original.
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 August, 2013, 05:56:44 PM
I'm intrigued to see where it gies, and the heatseeker stuff was original.

I would however, question the logic of standing in a room alone and firing a heatseeker! unless the Uniform negates it or something  :D
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Here's PJ first page, but who is that snake fan?

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 August, 2013, 05:56:44 PM
For the first time in, we'll, ever, I enjoyed a Meg more than a concurrent prog.

Nice little Tale from the Crypt Black Museum. Really good Future Shock (and more welcome than text). Great little Dredd - although it felt like it was one and done, I see it is a multi- parter. I'm intrigued to see where it gies, and the heatseeker stuff was original.

Bloomin iPad auto corrects!
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 August, 2013, 07:10:11 PM
Here's PJ first page...

Is it my imagination or does PJ's work get better with every page?  That's some of the best MC-1 crowd-scene art in a good long time - love the Fatty's begging sign.

Thanks for the info, Proudhuff, I think I'll have to grab this month's.

hippynumber1

Mine arrived Saturday but it took me ages to get through it, in a good way. Dredd was good, I too enjoyed the heatseeker bit (just don't think about it too closely). Bissette article was less interesting than I'd hoped and Slaine article (much like Book of Scars) was a little on the pointless side. Tales was fun as was the Future Shock and thoroughly enjoyed Streets and Insurrection. Always happy to see a text story as it adds a little something different (and it's not those Gruddawful film reviews).

Still haven't read Black Siddah in the floppy but it looks lovely and 'Beyond Zero' next month makes this hippy a very happy boy!

TordelBack

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 August, 2013, 09:12:37 PMStill haven't read Black Siddah in the floppy...

Oh dear.  Looks like I'm back on the fence. 

hippynumber1

No good? It ran during my wilderness years so this'll be my first exposure to it...

TordelBack

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 August, 2013, 09:40:01 PM
No good? It ran during my wilderness years so this'll be my first exposure to it...

It has much to recommend it, not least superb art and an original premise.  It just didn't work for me beyond early in the second run, and as it ran in the Meg it seemed to take forever to get through. While I will always support Pat's right to write whatever he damn well pleases and get it published in 2000AD or the Meg, I often question whether glacial pace of Meg serialisation serves his creations at all well.  So maybe it will work better in a collection.