Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine 341

Started by IronGraham, 13 October, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

Just finished reading 341, another great issue the droid have really been upping their game on this one.

Cover: really like the use of colour on this one.

Judge Dredd: don't know if you need to of read the book to get ferences or just know the premise of fifty shades but it works in this one  off. speaking of one off i kind of miss them in the 2000 AD dredd stories. Goddard does wonderful work here and in Aquila.

Preview for Dept. of Monsterology: really liked this wish it was being published in the Meg have to look for it when at Thought Bubble. PJ art is amazing as always and the story seems really good like adventure type stories.

Insurrection: [spoiler]wow didn't see that happening[/spoiler], really looking forward to the last chapter next month wonder what will take it's spot. Story & Art also fantastic. (I'm seeing a pattern here with me hmmm?)

Ordinary: liked last chapter but loved this one especially the bar scene D'Israeli is a comedy genius at story telling.thinks are hotting up hoping to see more out there powers like Bear Man.

Dredd Lines: I really enjoy reading to letters in the Meg more then AD think the people who write in are a bit more laid back and just enjoy it for what it is. I also enjoy the mixture of strips articles and Text Storyies.

Interrogation Patrick Goddard: liked this interview only complaint would of liked more of it, like how he got into comics as a child or teen, or what inspired him to become an artist.

Dredd Underbelly: this one adds onto the story and we get a glimpse at out antagonist for this piece, I prefer Flints work on this one to the prequel comic he's not trying to make it look like Urban and give him weird lips, instead it's more his normal Dredd big chin and all.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Mabs

I got a little surprise in the post yesterday! Thank you Dreddlines!  :)

Looking forward to Wednesday :-)
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

IronGraham

Cool always wondered how that works is it a random GN or do you get a say?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Mabs

It's random. I got Judge Anderson PSI files Vol.1, (The Rebellion/ DC version - which is a surprise, I never knew DC published 2000ad stuff before). But it looks great and I'm looking forward to reading it!

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mabs on 13 October, 2013, 12:27:13 PM
It's random. I got Judge Anderson PSI files Vol.1, (The Rebellion/ DC version - which is a surprise, I never knew DC published 2000ad stuff before).

Blimey, that's a blast from the past! That's one of the ones I got about six/seven years ago!
@jamesfeistdraws

Mabs

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 October, 2013, 12:39:10 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 13 October, 2013, 12:27:13 PM
It's random. I got Judge Anderson PSI files Vol.1, (The Rebellion/ DC version - which is a surprise, I never knew DC published 2000ad stuff before).

Blimey, that's a blast from the past! That's one of the ones I got about six/seven years ago!

Really? That is something! I like the paper quality though, and while I think it's not as complete as the U.K version (for e.g, no Arthur Ranson) it still looks great, I love the character file at the start and the timeline. A nice cover too.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Proudhuff

Another cracking Meg, its the lack of ostriches i think

Great cover from Alex, but had to slip it inside the prog at work!... only to find the same image on the back of the Prog! D'oh!  :-[

A nice Dredd in the long history of Dredd stories reflecting current media hits, a couple of the bodies looked a bit odd, but that aside a nice mega-city tale.

Is that Carl Critchlow Dino Rodeo advert?

Monsterology: I'd managed to see most of this elsewhere on the web and have ordered it, my only niggle is that the colours are overall quite dark and could use a tad more contrast. This, however maybe the printing or the whole digital colours not transfering to well to paper thing.

Inserrection III wow those first two pages are classic comic thrills, no going back now...ever.

Ordinary, should be in the Prog, its the best thing that's come along for a long while, well since the last best thing.
stunning art and colour work, great cameos and humour: TTFN, Big paws, the Midous touch etc

Dreddlines, I must check I'm sending my missives to the right email   ::)

Interrogation Mr Goddard spills the beans on the sex parties at the Nerve Centre, naw, no really.

Underbelly Filum Dredd: the 'Mama Lives' thing on the first page had me thrown for a bit, and there's an Anderson's shame shot later too, but that's minor quibbles as this is top hole Dredd, this is the way to muck around with time in a comic, Dino time travellers take note.

DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Ordinary's fabulous—my favourite thing right now from the House of Tharg. I'm still not entirely convinced by the tone of Underbelly, but it's very readable and I hope it's not a one-off in that universe. In general, it's interesting to see how a few stories can totally flip a title. A few months ago, I was tiring of the Meg to the point of not caring, but now I prefer it to 2000 AD, which I'm finding a bit middling right now.

James Stacey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 14 October, 2013, 11:31:01 AM
It certainly looks like it. I'd love to see him do flesh again with his current style. Sure the story would probably still suck but it would look great. Not read the meg yet but it looks mighty fine from the initial flick through. Fantastic to see Mr Ronald back working for the House of Tharg too.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: James Stacey on 14 October, 2013, 01:53:00 PM
It certainly looks like it. I'd love to see him do flesh again with his current style.

God, Critchlow on Flesh would be phenomenal!
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

Great meg this month and great to see lobster random coming next month

Mabs

Great cover from Alex, but had to slip it inside the prog at work!... only to find the same image on the back of the Prog! D'oh!  :-[

Just got a glimpse of the cover over at Comic Vine, oh my! It is a bit saucy isn't it?!  :lol:

My Twitter @nexuswookie

vzzbux

The meg is on fire at the moment. Edging the prog.
Noticed a little blip in a panel in the underbelly story. Page 7. The perp supposed to have his hands bound behind his back yet he is clearly easing himself through the gap in the fence. Nice box of turds though.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

This was my first Meg for ages, I came back on board as my brother's the colourist on one of the strips.

Cover - Beautiful, I love Alex Ronald's stuff.

Judge Dredd - Not bad, although inconsequential and a parody of something I have very little knowledge about, or interest in.

Monsterology - Nice little teaser. Disagree vehemently with any criticism of the colours. Can't wait for issue 1 to ship.

Insurrection - Not a great idea to start with part 8. I have the Insurrection trade and the first run, in particular was excellent. Can't really judge this fairly, but I will say with some confidence that the apparent "twist" [spoiler]The SJS are bad guys[/spoiler] won't have surprised anyone.

Ordinary - I think it's great the Meg has a creator-owned slot, and it's even better that it's not being occupied by Tank Girl any more.

Patrick Goddard interview - Not an artist I knew much about, so very interesting. He did a good job on the Judge Dredd strip too.

Dredd - Reminds me too much of other alternative Dredd strips (Law of Dredd, anyone?) and I find it quite odd that Dredd's face is the comic one and not Karl Urban's.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Oh and I quite liked Detonator X. Silly but fun. Was all new to me.