Main Menu

Help a brother get some Garth Brooks tickets!

Started by Link Prime, 31 January, 2014, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

One for my fellow Republicans:
I was tasked with purchasing Garth Brooks tickets for my lovely missus and her sisters this morning, and like many others, faced the most frustrating two hour trudge of my life; staring at an unmoving and unforgiving Ticketmaster loading screen.
I reported my failure at 11.15am, and suffice to say, she hasn't taken it well (she hasn't spoken to me all day!).

She's obviously a huge fan (I'm not- I couldn't name more than two songs the guy ever sang, and am a bit taken aback by what I can only call a frenzy to get tickets for these gigs).
If any Irish boarders out there have 2 - 5 tics for sale, I'd really appreciate you helping out a fellow boarder.
Prices on some ticket websites are ranging from €300 to €800!
Don't be cruel (hey, that was Elvis wasn't it)?

Seriously though, this is a genuine request.

Cheers,
Richard

maryanddavid

Add my better half to the list, she had them on screen, and somehow between entering CC details refreshed the screen and was at the back of the Q!  Reckon they will put on a forth show?

Link Prime

I'm holding out hope David, but I reckon they won't due to the event being in Croke Park.
It's unreal isn't it?

I've been with my other half for 10 years, and have never been in the sh!thouse as much as I am tonight.

I've given up on Donedeal.ie too, sent about 20 text replies to adverts, not one answer...

amines2058

I have recently found that if you skip Ticketmaster and contact the venue direct then they will usually have a waiting list you can get on. Then any cancellations close to the date will be given to people on the waiting list. Did this last year for watching Biffy Clyro in the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff. They sold out 4 months before, 2 weeks before gig had a phonecall offering me the tickets at face value!

ZenArcade

The predictive text function on this f**king Kindle Fire thing's doing my bin in (it's about to get a sharp, short introduction to to my day stick).
My brother lives down in Monaghan Town and has had a similar experience. Wife told him to get tickets for her and sisters. He gamely goes on to pricket-master (that wasn't a typo), 2 hrs no joy: wife ready to skin him.
He's upped the hunt, so if he has any luck I'll post here. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ZenArcade

Jesus, Richmond, that's priceless. My family come from the border outside Clogher, just  down the road from Fintona and I can well imagine the termagants and harpies around that neck of the woods just vaporizing their poor amadans of husbands over getting to see that eejit.
Gareth Brooks, sure you wouldn't go to the foot of your lane to see that ganch.

Link Prime

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 31 January, 2014, 05:15:35 PM
http://tyronetribulations.com/2014/01/30/two-tyrone-marriages-in-jeopardy-after-brooks-ticket-calamities/

Very good Richmond, I'd nervously laugh if my own bollicks wasn't currently in a rusty vice.

How's the EBay search going you ask?

Let's just say there's more than one Garth Crooks in the world...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-Garth-Brooks-Tickets-Croke-Park-332-Row-R-Cusack-Stand-Lower-Tier-FAB-SEATS-/171232063307?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27de39ef4b

Cheers for the advice and posts Amines & Zen, I have my name down on am IMRO list for last minute tickets, and a veritable Borg Cube of family & friend drones out searching for tickets < €100 a pop.

Trout

I'm reporting every post on this thread. You sad bastards.

TordelBack

The Ticket Situation was the top topic of conversation on site yesterday lunchtime.  I initially thought it was a joke, then that I had wandered into a strange cult of Country-Lite aficionados.  I've shouted drunkenly along to Low Places in the odd late night pub session and suffered through too many wedding band renditions of The Dance, but I had no idea Brooks was an actual Big Thing.  I'd have lumped him in with Miley's Dad.

Best of luck fellas, rather you than me.

ZenArcade

Some joke dude:
It's mad. Even an objective reductive breakdown (pun intended) would depress you.
Population of Ireland both North and South, say 6,000,000;
Exclude young, elderly and those with a measure of musical taste above that held by cyno-bacteria, say 2,000,000 left;
Percentage of remaining female (presumably the core demographic), say 1,000,000;
Number of tickets on sale, say 240,000 (plus prob another 70,000 when another gig is added).

That's 1 in every 3 head bangers in Ireland going to see this bollix and the other 2 thirds going orbital cause they can't go as well.
This is a national tragedy unfolding before our eyes. :'(
Nb apologies for any unconscious sexism, elitism etc.

JOE SOAP

The point is to concentrate all these feckin' loo-lahs in one place– lock the gates; air-drop a trifecta of Nile Rogers, Johnny Rotten and Lemmy into the nucleus and subject them to mass Aversion Therapy.

Link Prime

Spent a fruitless weekend trying to procure tickets from Ebay & Donedeal.
Fortunately (for me) a fourth date was announced this morning, tickets on sale this Thursday at 9.00am.

Now...just don't f--k it up this time kid...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Every saga has an ending, and fortunately, the Ewoks got to play 'Friends in Low Places' at the end of this one.

Last Thursday morning I had a small army online & poised to strike at 8.55am for the 4th concert date (including 3 work colleagues, 2 best mates, sister, brother in law and a few others).
My over-cautious missus was having none of it, so queued up with a friend for 15 hours overnight outside the Ticketmaster in Naas to ensure she got those golden tickets.
Maybe she was right- out of all the peeps I had trying, only one of us managed to snag 2 tickets online.
In the end she ended up getting a total of 12 tickets, and has divvied them up between her sisters and associated country music lovin fruit cakes.

As an aside; a 5th concert date also sold out last week- that's a total 400,000 people going to see Brooks this July.
I'd expect less hysteria if it turned out John & George had faked their deaths and were reforming the Beatles.