Main Menu

Frozen (Disney)

Started by DaveGYNWA, 17 February, 2014, 02:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGYNWA

Right, who has seen it? I've got 2 daughters, 5 and 3 (going on 4), and we brought them to see it on Xmas Eve....then they went to see again with their mum a few days later with some friends. And we brought them again the weekend before last to see the "Sing a long" version which both of them enjoyed immensely.

They absolutely loved it - they're both Disney obsessed anyway, due to my wife being the same, and love most of the films anyway (Oldest girl loves Tangled) but this film has had more of an impact on the two of them than I thought.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

TordelBack

We did a Christmas Eve viewing as well, and there's a review of mine lurking somewhere in the unsearchable jungle, but I thought it was pretty much perfect.  The whole family enjoyed it, boy (7) included, and there have been mutterings about going to the singalong version (although I felt the songs weren't the strongest part, even if the singing was good).  The use of architecture to frame shots, the rich use of colour and the breathtaking costume design was enough to keep me glued to the screen.  Story's not bad either.

Tjm86

Much better fare than some of Disney's recent offerings but some of the characterisation was a bit one dimensional.  Been inflicted with the soundtrack pretty much constantly ever since.  In summer ....

How sad are we discussing this? :|

TordelBack

DaveGYNWA

:D

My girls have mastered "Do you want to build a snowman?" together, and the eldest is almost there with "Let it go".....and they practice multiple times a day. Ah well, at least they are on half-term this week and my wife only has to put up with it all day.

Trout

I took my daughter to see Frozen (walking through a blizzard and temperatures somewhere in the teens below zero to get into the cinema) and we both loved it. A good musical with a decent story and some stunning visuals.

Not bad at all for a Disney film.

- Trout

mogzilla

we missed it ,how long til the dvd
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

DaveGYNWA

18th March - wife has had it on pre-order even before it was out in the flicks.

Hawkmumbler

I wasnt very impressed by Frozen. Though visualy splendid I found the humour wonky, characters cut and paste (with only Hans actually being to any degree original) and story devoid of any originality.

I really dont get the love for the score eithet. I found it painfully generic! Love is an open door and the awful Let It Go had me physicallt cringing. At least the latter gave birth to a fantastic Doctor Manhattan parody.

Montynero

I loved it. My daughter loved it. My wife loved it. Pretty hard trick to pull off, so kudos to Disney.

I'm no fan of singing, or comedy snowmen, but it was very satisfying to watch a film where you genuinely didn't know what was going to happen from start to finish. The relationship between the two sisters was more complex and affecting than half the so called adult films churned out in the last year. It wasn't just great animation it was a great drama, full stop.

Goaty

I loved it, my gal loved it too as we watch it over xmas season, it was so funny and sweet story :)

I am sure many of you know what best character on the film...

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 20 February, 2014, 03:43:26 PM
we missed it ,how long til the dvd

It'll be back in the cinema during school holidays, guaranteed.

Quote from: Montynero on 21 February, 2014, 09:18:06 AM...it was very satisfying to watch a film where you genuinely didn't know what was going to happen from start to finish. The relationship between the two sisters was more complex and affecting than half the so called adult films churned out in the last year.

Agreed.  While the plot was probably entirely predictable (I groaned when the parents got on that ship), I like that it unfolded in the way I ended up desperately wanting it to: I assumed it would follow the same hateful path as most of these things, and was hoping, really hoping, that it would do what it did.  I know cynics and wiser heads will say 'sooo obvious', but if you've sat through conformist pap like Little Mermaid a few dozen times, this was a breath of fresh air.  Getting the audience to root for your protagonists to resolve their difficulties in the best way possible is the great trick of drama, it makes their success or failure affecting and instructive, and Frozen did this for me and mine.

mogzilla

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

DaveGYNWA

Wife cancelled the order yesterday and ordered me to Reading's Disney store to pre-order it there instead as they've got this offer on:

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/frozen-dvd-pre-purchase-offer/mp/69404/300006/

Kids are currently occupied with the art kit.

DrJomster

Didn't get to see it, but the rest of the family did and my God our little ones LOVE the songs on YouTube!!! Lost count how many times I've heard them now!

iTunes purchase expected as soon as it's possible to buy it!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.