Main Menu

Bananaman: the Movie (2015)?

Started by Professor Bear, 18 March, 2014, 05:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

von Boom

This is a waste of the internet's precious resources.

JOE SOAP

Still a better idea than Battleship.

JamesC

There's fuck all wrong with Bananaman. It was a good humour strip and cartoon for kids (particularly the villainous Apple Man with his West Country accent).
I reckon it's a stretch to make it into a film (especially if it's live action) but as there's nothing much to go on I'll wait and see before passing judgement.

Hawkmumbler

M.I.K.

The original Nutty stories were far superior to the animated version. I don't care how cool the theme tune was.

Mabs

I had my wisdom tooth out today. I can't move my mouth without being pain, but even that could not stop be breaking out a smile when I saw this!  :D

I mean, a Bananaman movie?! Wow!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

maryanddavid

Loved the comic brilliantly drawn by John Geering(sp?) Only ever saw a few of the cartoons. Great news if it happens.

Keef Monkey

I once worked with a guy who claimed he invented Bananaman and had the concept stolen from him (apparently he had a job interview at a newspaper and had sketched the character, it fell out his pocket at the interview and shortly afterwards the paper started printing the strip).

Mind you, he was clearly a nutbar and also was 100% certain Elvis was still alive because he sideburns were slightly shorter at the funeral than at his last concert. Pinch of salt.

Proudhuff

I think Mark Millar should write this
DDT did a job on me

M.I.K.

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 March, 2014, 11:37:05 AM
I think Mark Millar should write this

Goodness me, no! He'd just fill it full of rude words and suggestive images. It should be much more like the original comic instead...

Hawkmumbler

Trout

I know the creators of Bananaman and I guarantee they're honest men. Nobody stole anything.

Also, it's a banana-themed superhero spoof, not a cure for cancer.  :lol:

Recrewt

Bananaman had plenty of good jokes in the comics and the TV series.  This just seems like a no-brainer to me and would make a great movie, assuming we are talking animation.

Disney and others have been making plenty of superhero spoofs and I heard on the radio yesterday they were doing an Invincibles 2, so why not Bananaman?

TordelBack

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 19 March, 2014, 09:09:21 AM
I once worked with a guy who claimed he invented Bananaman and had the concept stolen from him (apparently he had a job interview at a newspaper and had sketched the character, it fell out his pocket at the interview and shortly afterwards the paper started printing the strip).

Did he fall asleep in the lobby, and was there an axe involved?