Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggerboot

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 29 April, 2014, 08:56:11 AM
I'm off to see an all dayer headed by Iron Maiden this June. The main draw was my faves Opeth, who are relegated to third position before a band I've never heard of called Alter Bridge.

I know next to nothing about the Irons' music bar the songs most people know but I guess these are the ones they'll play since they're the most popular. I hoping they'll have the stageshow and enormous Eddie puppet they had in their heyday.

Does anyone here have the recent first hand experience to tell me whether Bruce Dickinson has still got the vocal dexterity he once possessed?

Hi new to the forum hence only just seen your post , last saw Maiden about 4 years ago (and to be fair I'm not madly keen on them ) but as said if anything Dickinsens voice improves with age and they put on a cracking show, Opeth well one of my favourites too cant go wrong with them  , Alter Bridge are pretty good lead guitarist /vocalist sings with Slashs touring band . Am seeing Maiden again at Sonisphere Knebworth in July , always a good festival .
:D

Third Estate Ned

Sounds like it will be good then. Just need the weather to hold out till next weekend.

After that, in July, Echo and the Bunnymen will be playing a free gig where I live. Here is another legendary band from the 80s of which I know only one original song, Killing Moon, and their contribution to the Lost Boys OST, People Are Strange. But it's free, so it be be remiss not to go.

It is the summer of legendary old men.

johnnystress

Is that the Sonisphere gig ThirdEstateNed?  I wanted to go to that but it didn't work out.

Maiden, Slayer, Ghost and The Prodigy...something for everyone

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 26 May, 2014, 08:48:07 AM
After that, in July, Echo and the Bunnymen will be playing a free gig where I live. Here is another legendary band from the 80s of which I know only one original song, Killing Moon, and their contribution to the Lost Boys OST, People Are Strange. But it's free, so it be be remiss not to go.

Da Bunnymen are quite brilliant live. You are in for a treat sir.

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: johnnystress on 26 May, 2014, 01:51:29 PM
Is that the Sonisphere gig ThirdEstateNed?  I wanted to go to that but it didn't work out.

Maiden, Slayer, Ghost and The Prodigy...something for everyone

It's not quite as varied as that, I'm going to the third day of Rock in Idro in Bologna's charmingly named Joe Strummer Arena. Most of the other bands are washed up 80s thrash acts and Christian metal.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 26 May, 2014, 03:15:15 PM
Da Bunnymen are quite brilliant live. You are in for a treat sir.

I look forward to it. It's quite unusual in that it's a concert in an art museum to commemorate the First World War organised by RAI television. Hardly rock and roll but at least this way I know the seats will be plush.

Proudhuff

off to Wreckless Eric tonight  :D
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 May, 2014, 04:38:42 PM

and got a free Kid Congo gig thrown in!
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 29 May, 2014, 03:05:12 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 May, 2014, 04:38:42 PM
and got a free Kid Congo gig thrown in!
Nice one. I was at work late last night and almost couldn't be arsed getting the train to see EMA. Glad I dragged myself through as it was a good gig in a really smart little place.

In upcoming gig news, it's taken him very nearly a year but Billy Bragg is finally coming to just over the border in Germany in July.

Hopefully some raucous fun at Cloud Nothings next Friday, Richie Hawtin in three weeks and possibly Dillinger Escape Plan too.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Jesus and Mary Chain at Barrowlands in November! Probably 25 years since I last saw them live. I shall try lick one of them.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 May, 2014, 04:44:12 PM
Jesus and Mary Chain at Barrowlands in November! Probably 25 years since I last saw them live. I shall try lick one of them.
Careful you don't drop your falsers.

A few pals are going to this. If I'm around I will be very tempted to enrich some vile ticket tout. Or just go on Scarlet Mist.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

Thorun, Gasbag and Groblar are playing Fuel in Cardiff this coming Saturday.  If you like your Doom/Stoner Rock/Sludge this is the place to be!

Albion

I think I'm going to see The Levellers tomorrow night in Worthing. I think thats what my friend Paul said anyway.
I really liked them when I first saw them supporting New Model Army way back in 1990 and then in Brighton in '91 but wasn't so keen on them later on.
Hopefully it will be fun.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

Just got a ticket for Les Claypool's Duo de twang in London on July 2nd.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Tiplodocus

Scored a free ticket for Public Service Broadcasting at the BBC at the end of July.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

was at these chaps rather excellent gig on Tuesday:

http://www.vintagetrouble.com/

highly recommended.

Hoping to slide off and see Geno Washington in the Speigeltent over the summer, those of us who were at HiEx 2010 might remember our night with him  :D
DDT did a job on me