Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordyM

Has Canon Fodder been done yet?
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

NapalmKev

Quote from: GordyM on 29 June, 2014, 02:28:10 PM

I think it has, long before I started getting the Meg.

The first series of Canon Fodder was excellent, IMO. I'd like to see a new series.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Tombo

Quote from: GordyM on 29 June, 2014, 02:28:10 PM

To the Index!  Yep, in Megs 278 and 291.  Also I'd like to add my vote for the rest of Finn.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 June, 2014, 01:03:31 AM

Babe Race 2000 (why not!)

You have read this, right? That's why not!

The Adventurer

Tranny Rex: Ex Machina
The Clown

LOBSTER RANDOM BOOK 1

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

The Adventurer

Yes.  But I want a digital copy. And formatted like the rest of the Megazine Floppies.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Skullmo

Buy the book - scan it in - simples!

Proteus4

All the Oola Blint stories.  I think the first one was mad city(?) which had art by Greg Staples and fo rmy money is one of the best comedy Dredds ever.  But i might be wrong about all of this, my memory's not what it used to... um... whats that word again...
Dave:)
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

TordelBack

Quote from: Proteus4 on 06 August, 2014, 05:55:42 AM
All the Oola Blint stories.

Great suggestion, and themed collections/character appearances is an interesting direction for the Floppy in general. 

Be interesting to see (for example) the Planet Gary or Quite Nice Bar appearances all in one place - even though most (all?) have been reprinted elsewhere.

QuickQuag

For the love of all that's holy, Bad City Blue!!

Only kidding.  :P

Has all of Sooner or Later been put together yet? I'd imagine it'd date like crazy, but the mix of Milligan, McCarthy and Hewitt has to shift a few units?

Also down for a reconstituted Hammerstein/Dredd given what's been said above and elsewhere. Chuck in the Diceman game (yeah, I know it's been reprinted in The Black Hole) and Robin Smith's cut-out-and-paste stand-up and you might almos make standard page count, yes?

The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

Hawkmumbler

I elieve at least the first series is collected in the Best of Milligan and McCarty Collection. But as it's in the micdle of my reading pile and i'm away from home at the moment, I can't co firm that for you. Also, I believe it's abridged to a certain degree.

JPMaybe

I imagine I'll be rather alone in this but I'd like to see Prog 950 onwards Rogue Trooper (Friday) reprinted. Steve Tappin drew some cracking, futuristic tanks/planes and colourful battlescapes (twelve-year-old me loved the tank battle in an orchard) and post-Michael Fleischer, post-crappy original Rogue crossover, I think it was a pretty decent thrill.
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

glassstanley

Oh, I'd like to see the Fleischer stuff onwards reprinted. Some cracking Ron Smith artwork there, and it's not as bad as it's reputation.

Anyone fancy the Harlem Heroes re-boot for the floppy ? :)

Skullmo

There was an email in the Meg this month saying they would rather have nothing than the floppy. I can't understand that view - if you really don't like it just throw it away!