Main Menu

Suggestions for the floppy

Started by Recrewt, 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Inspired by the comments in the recent Meg thread I thought I would open one up where folks can say what they would really like to see in future floppies that they bundle with the Meg. 

We all know the deal - anything outstanding will get released as a tpb so we are looking at the slightly less popular stories, which still leaves us with some great pickings and is an opportunity to see stories reprinted that never normally would.

To open, I would like to see:

Armoured Gideon
Brigand Doom
Firekind
Revere

Link Prime

All of the above, plus;

Bix Barton
The Grudge Father
Vector 13
Strange Cases

The Monarch

straitjacket fits

armored Gideon (though I would prefer a big book of that stuff will never happen though)

bix barton

the two soul gun stories

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

glassstanley

The Hogan Strontium Dog stories
The rest of Armitage
Hell Trekkers

Pyroxian

I, Cosh

Quote from: Recrewt on 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Armoured Gideon
Firekind
Revere
These were all reprinted in the Extreme Editions not so long ago. Most of them are still available from the... http://shop.2000adonline.com/categories/specials
We never really die.

Recrewt

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 June, 2014, 03:15:08 PM
Quote from: Recrewt on 19 June, 2014, 12:30:28 PM

Armoured Gideon
Firekind
Revere
These were all reprinted in the Extreme Editions not so long ago. Most of them are still available from the... http://shop.2000adonline.com/categories/specials

Ah, well that probably rules out those three being included in the Meg floppies.  All my hopes/dreams are now on Brigand Doom!

Quote from: ZenArcade on 19 June, 2014, 01:36:40 PM
Junker!

;) Come on Zen, what is it that you like so much about Junker?

Timothy

A slight thread highjack, but I can't see where else to ask. I'm thinking of starting with the Meg once more but am inclining towards a digital subscription. I assume that means I'll miss out on the supplements, but I don't know for sure. Who can clear it up for me?

Molch-R

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 19 June, 2014, 04:46:35 PM
A slight thread highjack, but I can't see where else to ask. I'm thinking of starting with the Meg once more but am inclining towards a digital subscription. I assume that means I'll miss out on the supplements, but I don't know for sure. Who can clear it up for me?

Supplements are included with the digital Megazines, Earthlet!

ZenArcade

Recrewt: the Junker story is horrible; the art is to die for. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

J.Smith

I believe at the end of my letter to Dreddlines that I wrote not too long ago (probably not about to be published, since a letter I wrote earlier than that is in Prog 1884) I suggested that the rest of Lobster Random  would be gladly appreciated, or that The Vort at least should for some of D'Israeli's finest art. And I believe I also suggested the missing stories of Caballistics Inc. would be nice, if only to prevent me from digging through piles of Progs to find it. So those I guess, but my point in general at the end of that letter was that there's a ton of great stuff that could do with being collected.

Bolt-01

He's right, the art 'is' lovely in Junker

SmallBlueThing

I say again:

Vector 13
Tales of Telguuth
FINN BOOK TWO!!!!
Helltrekkers (I know it was in the Meg fairly recently- but all in one volume? Yes please!)
If there are to be no more SiniDex trades, then how about SiniDex?
Armoured Gideon
Bonjo/ Dash Decent/ whatever else pads it out.
Do Rebellion have the rights to non-2000AD Starlord and Tornado strips from before the mergers? If so, all of them.

SBT

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 19 June, 2014, 12:35:17 PMThe Grudge Father
If only I had a veto.

QuoteDo Rebellion have the rights to non-2000AD Starlord and Tornado strips from before the mergers?
Nope—only stuff that continued into 2000 AD.