The Walking Dead - Season 5 - SPOILERS!

Started by Goaty, 07 July, 2014, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Theblazeuk

So are Spiderman, Superman and Batman.

Operation: Hollywood Tea Party is a go.

ThryllSeekyr

Last time I got paid.....I brought this magazine devoted to this show.... and the has stuff to say about the show and comic.

I was reading this on and off on a train journey to the city...

Getting to the point.....

The more comic book graphic novels have been drawn/written and I think they have made progress well into the twenties.

SPOILER WARNING

[spoiler]Anyway, I learnt that some new character not yet met in either adaption shoots one of the original characters and it's not Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl,(That's obvious because he isn't a original character from the comic book source!) Maggie [Beth[/b] Did I make this too obvious by mentioning practically every character that was in the group from the very first season![/spoiler]

So this is very sad, then again one of the well known females in the series outlived her comic book counter part. So, maybe this one will live longer as well. Aside from this, maybe this character's fate will take some time before it unfolds the way I have read about it.

Goaty

The Walking Dead has been renewed for a sixth season.

COMMANDO FORCES

That was an excellent episode :o

A pretty stupendous opening, followed by action galore and an ending that makes you think about certain people.

Proteus4

Fucking hell! First episode - No Sanctuary - was brilliant. Some total badassery and destruction combined with the apparent refusal of the writers to simplify the morality and ethics of killing your enemies. I was always impressed by this show in season 4 for having risen above the problems of season 1 and 2, but season 5 - if it continues like this - will be the best yet.

Yay for zombies
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Ghastly McNasty

I agree with the last 2 posts. Quality episode.

Plenty of zombie heads getting mashed in. Nice. People getting chewed on was distressing as well, really drove home the horror of being caught by a walker.

Poignant message about state of world they live.

Top class.

Pete Wells

This was excellent telly, my heart was in my mouth for much of it! I love the new badass Rick (and Carol!) and am pleased that Terminus was done pretty quickly and not dragged out (the latter half of season 4 was pretty interminable, I'm all for slower pacing but darn, lots of 4 was boring.)

Back to this though, the FX were astounding, the action and dialogue great and Daryl meeting Carol at the end was really touching.

Welcome back Walking Dead!

-Dunk!-

Overall a superb start created to grab the audiences attention again with an opening sequence that was just so intense.

Hope it can keep up this pace.

Dunk!

DaveGYNWA

Yup - really good opener and a nice quick resolution to something that could only have gone one other way (they're in the carriage, they're taken out, they're back in the carriage....oooh, let's get 'em out again)

The line-up seen at the beginning had a nice nod to issue #100 of the comic too  :D
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

DaveGYNWA

Also, intrigued to see what they do with (spoiling just in case some of you didn't watch past the end credits) [spoiler]Morgan[/spoiler]
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Proudhuff

Now if, if someone who didn't have Fox wanted to watch this where would they go?  :ssh:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Grugz

excellent stuff ,though I wish they d stayed at least one more episode in terminus, poignant moment when carol saw the "trophy room" with all the cuddly toys in there meaning they weren't adverse to eating kids either!

one burning question why didn't carol pick up michonnes sword ?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Rog69

Wow, that was a superb opener to the series and the best hour of TV I have seen in a long time.

I must admit to having a bit of a lump in my throat during the emotional scene when [spoiler]Daryl[/spoiler] is reunited with [spoiler]his crossbow[/spoiler].