Main Menu

Meg 350

Started by Richard, 12 July, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

That's a capital word crime right there, creep.

IronGraham

The is always what I go to first when my issue arrived and this is a great example as to why. Great read cover to cover. Now have to wait for next month to get here  :)
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Spaceghost

Quote from: IronGraham on 22 July, 2014, 02:27:42 PM
The is always what I go to first when my issue arrived and this is a great example as to why. Great read cover to cover. Now have to wait for next month to get here  :)

No thanks, I've already eaten.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Frank

Quote from: Banners on 21 July, 2014, 11:23:35 PM
Anyone else think the Dredd strips in the Meg and Prog #1890 are very similar, employing similar themes, and narrative devices - or is it just me?

Not sure ... how do you mean, Banners?

Banners

Quote from: sauchie

Not sure ... how do you mean, Banners?

Both are (basically) procedural detective stories. In both, Dredd has arrived after the fact and is investigating the murder (or impending murder) of someone new who didn't fit in. Both feature the device of flashbacks which show the antagonists contradicting what they've just told Dredd about that outsider. Both end up with a protagonist almost alone in the middle of terrifying and dangerous new surroundings.

None of that is a problem - this is not a criticism. They're both great strips, as Prog #1991 proved with the concluion to "Student Bodies", and I was humbled by Tharg's munificence in delivering two Wagner Dredd's at once...!

But the narrative volte-face employed in both strips struck me, particularly as I read one strip immediately after the other, as it's not something I think we've seen before...?

Banners

Quote from: Bannerstwo Wagner Dredd's at once...

Damn apostrophe - where's the modify/edit button when you need it...!?!

How embarrasing. And poor Sensitive Klegg won't like it either...!

Skullmo

Yeah -  i thought the same thing. Different in content but something hauntingly similar.

I gave me a chill.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Prodigal2

Man from the Ministry is worth the price of the meg for me. Love it. Simply love it.

Skullmo

Quote from: Skullmo on 13 July, 2014, 06:57:24 PM
Harke and Burr in the floppy - I read this first time around, but this time I have realised that they are supposed to be human and not evil mutants. Does anyone know why in the first story the mummies were bankers? The story made no sense.

I still don't understand :'(

M.I.K.

Quote from: Mr. Burr"CHEOPS CRYOGENICS, 2016 AD... THE FUTURE IS FROZEN! PROTECT YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET-YOURSELF... COME BACK WHEN THE MARKET'S STABLE."

IF THESE COVES IS FROM EGG-WYPED, THEN I'M A TUPPENY TILLER GIRL!

They're not ancient Egyptians they're cryogenically frozen bankers from 2016.

Skullmo

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh  - now it all makes sense

So why were they in egyptian sarcophagi

M.I.K.

Not genuine sarcophagi either. They had hieroglyphicy telephones on them as part of the design. The cryogenic equipment was probably just shaped like that as a gimmick (or something).

Link Prime

Just got round to the mighty Meg 350, a fine read.

Wagner & Flint on Dredd make my knees go weak- lapped it up.

DrJomster

Playing catch up too!

What a stormingly good Meg! Great to see a jumping on issue deliver so strongly.

Well done that Tharg and those Droids!

I've been reading this on an iPad held in landscape view where you have the page width equal to the iPad width and scroll down the page. The art looks AMAZING!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Prodigal2

As a newly regular meg reader I have to say it deserves every plaudit going. Loving it at the mo'.