Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreides

I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

jacob g

Quote from: TheTooN on 02 November, 2016, 08:47:45 AMEdit :- It would also be interesting to know if the ones they sold at NYCC were like this or just the ones sold via the website.

All the same, I bought mine first day of NYCC.
margaritas ante porcos

TheTooN

Thanks jacob, I honestly dont know where we stand as consumers here. Its irritating, if it was the first figure rather than the fourth I think they might be a bit more helpful. After only 50 SDCC sets were made, then this one only direct or at the con I wonder if they just want see the back of them. Is the paint app as good as the PX or black bike anyone ? I know it was a lot different on the SDCC set.

'Final product may change yadda yadda' is fine if its the entire figure changing shade for example. When its a uniform with one part a completely different colour its an error rather than a design change. Surely thats a whole different kettle of fish ?

I searched for pics today and most are blue but an odd one or two certainly look black to me. On the ad on their site right now one of the photos is this. http://www.mezcotoyz.com/mas_assets/cache/image/b/3/9/2873.Jpg

Very disappointing CS if Mezco dont think its an issue for collectors, some of whom wanted the dark blue over any other.

jflynn

Latest response...I replied to their last message with:

"Many thanks for the response but it doesn't really address the question. All the promo images and indeed the box art have him with a blue helmet which would suggest that this is a production error rather than a design choice. As such, will you be offering a replacement/solution for costumers."

And they came back with this gem:

"Since they all were produced that way, there are no replacement parts available. You're welcome to send it back for a refund if you like."

Must say I'm really surprised by their attitude on this one.

J.

COMMANDO FORCES

Brilliant customer service there!

TheTooN

I wasnt expecting them to offer replacement heads in all honesty but an admission of error and apology would have been nice. I guess an offer of a refund is all they need do to meet their obligations.

If it turns out I cant look at it without it winding me up I'm sure I can find someone to repaint it for me in the figure groups on facebook.

SDCC sets have come down on US Ebay if anyones still looking. One at auction finished just over the retail price at the con. Another at auction right now from the same guy I bought my first one from. He must have bought a shedload, I can see 5 sold in the last month or so from him.

Buy all the stock, control the market.

teckno viking

Mezco is American. Thus attitude LOL

With one of the Disco Dredd's prior to stripping to mod figure and dye the suit Black, had a ddgy zip and got something similar.
As it was once suit off figure I fixed the zip and now a Black suit instead of Disco.

lincnash

BBTS  has Disco in Spud Sack discounted :-

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OOC10003&mode=retail

and also Disco/Lawmaster Combo on clearance :-

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OOC10006&mode=retail

Not bad prices for a Mezco figure or combo (but colour bleh ).

Wanted to see Mezco Dredd for myself, I have Spud Sack in hand.
A good figure, the magnets are are quite innovative.
But the uniform around the "crotch area" and Disco colour are a big negative.
Fortunately the Rad Cloak covers most, looks good holding the shotgun.

SIP

So glad I forked out  £220 for that exclusive......

TheTooN

£136 + shipping + VAT and handling. Probably not much cheaper than we paid SIP ? Got that set for £200 and very happy for the price. Imho its the best colour scheme overall, bikes beautiful and if you like Disco Dredd its a win win. Cant get that bike without buying the set either so again its well worth the money if you like that bike. It's irritating that Mez released the single figure for PX and NYCC B/W and then sold the matching bikes as 'sets' meaning you end up with doubles of the figures. Both single releases were superfluous. Sneaky, crafty marketing ? Or the only way they could make it pay ? Who knows ! I'm pleased to have seen them made at all.

If you dont care for the colour of his uniform you could always dye it like Tekno did lincnashoZ. Check back in the thread for pics or I'm sure Tekno will add some on request.

If you stand the figure in vanilla pose its easy to smooth away the wrinkles in the suit. Its still easy enough in an action pose. Dont hide that sparkly suit under the tatty sack dude  ;)

lincnash

The Lawmaster does look awesome.
The Color Scheme suits the Bike really well, too pricey for my collection though.
Even though I now have him, Metallic Blue Uniform does not thrill me.
Although as posted above, easily remedied with the Cloak/Shotgun   :D.

I wonder if Mezco is done with Dredd ?.
Scope for more Figure/Bike Paint App's ?.
More 2000Ad characters ?.

SIP

I love the set, and disco dredd is my favorite of the mezco dredd's, just something cool about him.  The px bike is by far best lawmaster in my opinion, the paint is lovely.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 26 November, 2016, 11:33:46 PM
The Lawmaster does look awesome.
The Color Scheme suits the Bike really well, too pricey for my collection though.
Even though I now have him, Metallic Blue Uniform does not thrill me.
Although as posted above, easily remedied with the Cloak/Shotgun   :D.

I wonder if Mezco is done with Dredd ?.
Scope for more Figure/Bike Paint App's ?.
More 2000Ad characters ?.
I would love it if Mezco would release the navy blue Dredd sans bike and with color corrected helmit.  >:(

jacob g

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 27 November, 2016, 09:05:45 AM
I would love it if Mezco would release the navy blue Dredd sans bike and with color corrected helmit.  >:(

TBH black helmet is not a problem.

Navy blue Dredd for me is the best Mezco Dredd (and they used golden paint for eagle and shoulder pad, not yellow), the only one I like as much is B&W version.

Maybe I'm the only one but I just can't stand disco Dredd.
margaritas ante porcos

Mardroid

Black or navy Dredd, but I rather like the disco bike. That metallic paint looks good on the Lawmaster.

It's a shame the blue versions (disco and blue) are not available separate from the figures.

I haven't gotten around to ordering a MezcoLawmaster yet, which is kind of ironic as I ordered Mezco Dredd mainly due to loving that design of Lawmaster and you can't really have the bike without the rider, right?

Originally I was just going to settle for the 3a combo (which I did order. Soon to arrive apparently...😄) but I loved the idea of old school Lawmaster on one side, (the Dredd on that probably with the Mark 1 lawgiver too) and the new version the other. So I ordered Mezco Dredd, with the idea of saving up for the Lawmaster later.

I'm glad I did, though. It's a wonderful figure.