Main Menu

Deadpool - Dirty Laundry.

Started by Goaty, 30 July, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

radiator

I'm sure this will do well - R rated comic book movies always hit big at the box office....

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 07 April, 2015, 02:31:24 AM
I'm sure this will do well - R rated comic book movies always hit big at the box office....

It'll probably do better than that one.

DaveGYNWA

Well the SDCC trailer has leaked in the usual "It's tiny cos' it's on a mobile" fashion but they appear to have nailed Deadpool.

http://www.thedevilseyes.com/2015/07/deadpool-leaked-sdcc-trailer-ryan-reynolds.html
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

JamesC

It depresses me that people find Deadpool funny.

Richmond Clements

It depresses me that people find Mrs Brown's Boys funny.

Professor Bear

You don't understand, Rich - it's a man pretending to be a woman.  It writes itself.

Bat In The Sun are usually pretty good at nailing these characters, so I don't really blame them that Deadpool comes off as desperately unfunny in their Deadpool Versus Joker fan movie: https://youtu.be/2rut_-YgJYw?t=4m58s (link skips past annoying pseudo-geek presenters to the film bits).

NapalmKev

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 12 July, 2015, 11:46:38 AM
It depresses me that people find Mrs Brown's Boys funny.

Mrs Brown's Boys is rampant Horseshit.

I'm not a fan of Deadpool but I'm willing to give the film a go.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

CrazyFoxMachine

I've never thought Deadpool's forced 'n' constant banter was funny but yeah - that looks in line with what you'd expect of him so fair play. Not the top of my watchlist for sure.

radiator

Quote from: JamesC on 12 July, 2015, 11:29:15 AM
It depresses me that people find Deadpool funny.

Thought it was just me. Always found him tiresomely juvenile and his 'banter' cringeworthy. That trailer does nothing to change my opinion.

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

Hawkmumbler

I don't mind Deadpool humour, but it's not what everyone cranks it up to be.

CrazyFoxMachine

There's a guy at my work that talks only in snarky "laddy banter". It's literally all he ever says - and it's as tedious at the beginning of the day as it is at the end. This, I feel, is what this film will be like.

Radbacker

I can't wait for this, juvenile, violent and sweary with a strong dose of Meta-awareness = LOL for me, sorry guys please don't look down on me for it  :-[ :D.
Deadpool the comic is one of the few laugh out loud comics I've read and it looks like they're translating the humour perfectly.  I'm hoping we get a nice monologue trashing his last movie incarnation, even better maybe unstitch the old movie pools mouth and set him up as Headpool in this one!!!

CU Radbacker