Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Based on what I saw, you're going to be hard pressed to make any improvements. Maybe some extra footage in the Doghouse...

Steve Green

CrazyFoxMachine

Went to the earlier Sunday screening at TB and was blown away. It's Minty+ basically. Both leads are brilliant, the effects (even unfinished) are breathtaking and the story is well-paced. It's a genuine joy to see the electronux whipped out and der happystick swingin' - folk here who haven't seen it will not be disappointed. I wear my SD pin with pride!

Personally the thing I was the most overjoyed about and wot had me and Lady Geoffery hi-fiving like loons was...

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 September, 2014, 10:28:41 PM

Steve Green

Cheers, back on fixing stuff now.

Dunk!

I can only add to the praise on here, plus say, and this isn't to demean any of the other performances or cameos, that Wulf is so spot on. As I told both Steves afterwards, like capturing lightning in a bottle for me.

Can't thank all involved enough.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Hawkmumbler

Cast was perfect all around I completely agree, but the chappy playing Wulf? Unbelievable, utterly uncanny.

Steve Green

Yeah he really nailed Wulf straight away - Johnny's a little trickier - we asked John Wagner about the voice, and he said well-spoken but not too posh, Daniel Craig was mentioned.

It's tricky, Dredd has his Clint Eastwood thing, but that doesn't really work for an english accent.

Durham Red's the other tricky one, she's supposed to be from the NE if you go by her name, but there's nothing in the way her dialogue is written to suggest any region, compared to Middenface obviously, or Evans.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 November, 2016, 06:41:23 PM
Durham Red's the other tricky one, she's supposed to be from the NE if you go by her name, but there's nothing in the way her dialogue is written to suggest any region, compared to Middenface obviously, or Evans.

Yeah weirdly I always imagined her sounding like... American Southern. Can't explain why. Have no basis for that.

Bat King

Given Johnny's background I'd expect an educated accent with b the edges knocked off. My Spoiler Free Review could include what circumstances thought vof the film accent... but is that a Spoiler? *snigger*
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

SuperSurfer

I remember hearing (maybe at a comic con) or reading that John Wagner and Alan Grant had a disagreement about what Durham Red's accent should be. One of them argued she should have a Durham accent and the other that she should have a posh accent, just in case Strontium Dog made it to the big screen.

Guess the first people who have had to deal with this are you guys. I am of course assuming the character does have a speaking role in your film.

Dash Decent

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 November, 2016, 09:27:44 PM

Yeah weirdly I always imagined her sounding like... American Southern.

Durham Redneck?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 November, 2016, 04:06:44 PM
Maybe some extra footage in the Doghouse...

We want ten minutes of CGI animated hijinks involving the Gronk, ending with a scene that directly replicates and dissolves into the real opening footage.

And a million dollars!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Lobo Baggins

She lived with her norm parents until she was ten, then moves to Milton Keynes according to Island of the Damned - so she probably started out living in a town near Milton Keynes.

I'm saying she comes from Oxford until someone tells me different.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

IAMTHESYSTEM

She'd sound like Laura Croft rather than anyone else. I always thought Johnny Alpha spoke with a southern American accent. He was always saying 'Ma'am' and 'Sir' so I thought he was from there. Bonkers but true.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

The whole UK thing never even featured until much later on.

Even the Doghouse took a while.

I imagine if it ever got to a mainstream TV or film, he would have been American.

NBK was upgraded to president of Earth in the Kreeler conspiracy, which was a retooling of the unused pilot script, and there's no real mention of the UK in that, apart from a passing mention of Middenface (it also mentions a different mutation - John originally had him as having bits sticking out of his face, but Carlos went with the lumpy head)