Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Thanks folks - seemed optimistic to think it'd get to the end. What story does it get up to?

The Monarch

wow that 1st mm books gonna be weird with the frank quitley stories in it and promised land and place of the dead in it too

Skullmo

So are the mm stories not complete in this collection?
It's a joke. I was joking.

The Monarch

they are so far....just in a very very bizarre order.

the only things we're missing are the quitely stuff, the promised land, a couple of one offs and the final mm story

this book specifically has all the meg stories apart from the ones mentioned above

GordonR

Looking at the roll call of artists for that MM book shows what happens to old artdroids--

Simon Davis - still going strong
Garry Marshall - works in animation
Henry Flint - still going strong
Sean Longcroft - no idea
Jon Beeston - works in animation
Jamie Grant - colours Frank Quitely''s work, owns a Glasgow art studio
Charlie Gillespie - games industry
Marc Wigmore - no idea
Christian Bravery - games industry
Trev Hairsine - working for the US publishers?

Draw comics, kids!  A bright future awaits!

The Legendary Shark

If I could draw comics, do you think I'd be faffing about gradually learning I can't write them, either?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

Quote from: GordonR on 09 April, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
Looking at the roll call of artists for that MM book shows what happens to old artdroids--

Simon Davis - still going strong
Garry Marshall - works in animation
Henry Flint - still going strong
Sean Longcroft - no idea
Jon Beeston - works in animation
Jamie Grant - colours Frank Quitely''s work, owns a Glasgow art studio
Charlie Gillespie - games industry
Marc Wigmore - no idea
Christian Bravery - games industry
Trev Hairsine - working for the US publishers?

Draw comics, kids!  A bright future awaits!
I notice a trend there.Everyone moved to gaming and animation.

CalHab

Quote from: Smith on 09 April, 2017, 07:55:17 PM
I notice a trend there.Everyone moved to gaming and animation where the money is.

Fixed that for you.

Smith

moly

Anyone know when the next issues are due to be dispatched

Apestrife

Just finished up on Mean machine. Gosh, I feel lucky I didn't read those when I was little. My phobia of cyborgs would'v crushed me. His son getting the dial... Yuck...

But I enjoyed it! Constantly mental, I didn't even flinch when parts of mean headbutting the other mean through a page, or the angel family was revealed to have been brought back by fire worshippers. Good selection of stories. Dredd Angel made for a great opener, and 3 amigos for a suitable ending.

I was also set on seeing Dredd Angel in the Brothers of the blood collection, but what do you know.

The Monarch

well the intro explains the weirdness of the mm books.

apparently the new book is a showcase of sb davis art and presumably the non davis stories are there just to say all of mm is finally collected

still an odd way to collect them mind

abelardsnazz

Quote from: The Monarch on 13 April, 2017, 08:49:05 PM
well the intro explains the weirdness of the mm books.

apparently the new book is a showcase of sb davis art and presumably the non davis stories are there just to say all of mm is finally collected

still an odd way to collect them mind

Yes, and there's an interview with Simon as well. Atmosphere-wise, my favourite story in this volume was Night of the Hunter, but I'm going to have to read all the stories chronologically after all three volumes are issued.

Rio De Fideldo

Quick question. Did anyone else's copy of Cursed Earth Carnage have duplicate pages of Citi-Def instead of the first pages of Sleeze and Ryder?

Not that bothered to read Sleeze an Ryder but preferred it to Citi-Def.

EDazzling

Fast food and undercover brothers have started pooping up with resellers, anybody here got them and want to spoil the contents list?