Main Menu

Meg 356 Rapid Response

Started by Skullmo, 17 January, 2015, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Is anybody else unable to find this Meg on the iPad app? Must we techno disciples suffer along with the see-through-paper brigade?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 21 January, 2015, 10:25:40 AM
Is anybody else unable to find this Meg on the iPad app? Must we techno disciples suffer along with the see-through-paper brigade?
Not up on Clickwheel yet either. Wont someone think of the tight-fisted Scotchmen and press the button?
We never really die.

Timothy

Prodigal2

Bought all my thrill power this morning but have only glossed over it. Superfluous commentary but paper stock decline is very noticeable on the meg and the ostriches feel like they are an enormous great lump of overall content.

I like the look of the rest and looking forward to the read.

James Stacey

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 21 January, 2015, 03:17:20 PM
the ostriches feel like they are an enormous great lump of overall content.
A mighty 20 pages this month :(

IronGraham

Still love getting the Meg but Reaper just dosen't light my thrill circuits which saddens me  :(
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Magnetica

Absolutely cracking set of strips in the Meg this month.

Judge Dredd: Cop. A really good episode, following on from last month's prologue.  It was good to see some discussion about how DoC impacts on how Justice Dept should now approach policing the city / actually caring for the citzens. Really liking the art from Ben Willsher - I think this droid needs some high praise.

America Reaper. I actually enjoyed this. The key to that for me was putting side that it was 14 pages long instead of 6 and not worrying about what else might have been printed instead. :)

Reaper files - reads like a nice future shock.

Demarco
- really intriguing. Loved the bit where she says there's no [spoiler]Point.[/spoiler].

Angelic. I am interested to see an Angel Gang origins story. Although Mean has featured many times, I always liked Pa and Junior the best but they haven't featured very often [spoiler](having been killed off at the end of the Judge Child - and staying dead)[/spoiler]. ( I have spoilered this - but guess most people know this already. )

I  did have the same thought as Skullmo -  I am not to keen on [spoiler]retconing the gang as not actually being Pa's children. I hope there is actually a twist to that and something else is going on[/spoiler]. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Daveycandlish

Really enjoyed the Meg this time out (except the main Reaper story - same old reason, I won't harp on it) but anyone else notice Steve Yeowell is nowing being inked by someone else on DeMarco? It's a much thicker line and is all the better for it.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Prodigal2

I have now consumed the prog and started on the meg. Absolutely love the Dredd strip and the nuances shown by Dredd in his approach to the sick guy abused by the system.

Enjoying DM but can see what others have said about the other page bleeding through from the other side.

Spaceghost

I've only read Dredd so far, but just wanted to say that this is the best episode of Dredd I've read since Chaos Day.

Absolutely fantastic.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Prodigal2

Quote from: Spaceghost on 22 January, 2015, 03:05:38 PM
I've only read Dredd so far, but just wanted to say that this is the best episode of Dredd I've read since Chaos Day.

Absolutely fantastic.

Agreed mate.

Link Prime

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 22 January, 2015, 12:31:53 PM
anyone else notice Steve Yeowell is nowing being inked by someone else on DeMarco? It's a much thicker line and is all the better for it.

Yeah, I really like it too.

The Sherman Kid

Not commented on the Meg in a while but thought this issue deserved a post

Dredd AT LAST!! In just a few brilliant pages Al Ewing brings the Day of Chaos impact on the citizenry to vivid life in just a few pages. This has been overlooked/skipped over far too much imho but here is was given the depth it so richly deserves showing the deep psychological impact even on Dredd himself. MORE please. Excellent art (as always) from Ben Wiltshire, a great talent

Angelic Great art and looks very promising (nice touch seeing the 'Garbage God' at his early beginnings)

American Reaper Please stop, please.....Bit of a slap in the face letting an unpopular strip take up 20 pages, the sparse dialogue and scenes could be  done in half that. The art is also overpowered by the photoshoppery.

The New Paper A definite retrograde step which works badly especially on the black and white strips like Demarco where the art on the following page clearly shows through, very distracting and undermines the strip.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 January, 2015, 11:51:52 AM
b]Dredd[/b] AT LAST!! In just a few brilliant pages Al Ewing brings the Day of Chaos impact on the citizenry to vivid life in just a few pages.[...] MORE please

Sadly, I think Al said on Twitter that this was likely to be his last Dredd for a while.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 January, 2015, 12:09:20 PM

Sadly, I think Al said on Twitter that this was likely to be his last Dredd for a while.

Sad indeed Jim.

Our loss is Marvel's gain however, and it seems Ewing's star continues to rise across the pond; he's currently working on the upcoming high profile Avengers: Ultron Forever with Alan 'Art God' Davis.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57370

It's great to see him doing so well, and I definitely wish him all the best.
Just as long as he comes back from time to time.  :'(