Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Well they can be nothing but positive, I'm just looking on awestruck....wouldn't be able to comment negatively as I am alien to the concept. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Spikes

Yes, a cracking thread. Really enjoying seeing this all unfold, and start to come together.

Skullmo

I hope the last item is a miniaturising ray so you can sit in it!
It's a joke. I was joking.

strangelysaucy

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 March, 2015, 09:13:38 PM
I'm up for that!  :lol:

I honestly thought everyone had lost interest and then all these comments appeared! Thanks for all of your positive comments so far, they're adding an extra layer of enjoyment to the build...

I'm just sitting here quietly waiting for updates! :D
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

hippynumber1

More fiddly little bits today - these are the upper and lower halves of the passageway leading to the cockpit. I've included before and after shots so you can see exactly what's going on...

Upper passageway (before)

Upper passageway (after) - judging by the number of dinks, notches and holes I'd say there is more to come for this...

Lower passageway (before)

Lower passageway (after)

von Boom

hippynumber1

I have been, yes. Some of the really tiny detailing (on the technical station and seat support for example) I've used the edge of a cocktail stick...

von Boom

I like it. It looks like those pieces have done the Kessel run many times.

TordelBack

Lot of carbon scoring there. Looks like this boy has seen plenty of action.

nicklambo

That is looking awesome.....I went the cheap and cheerful route though with the Hasbro...

von Boom

Nowt wrong with that.

It looks pretty damn good in that photo.

Bagley

Your Millennium Falcon's coming along nicely, hippynumber1.
I look forward to seeing how your build develops over time.
:thumbsup:

hippynumber1

A little bit of modification was required on the seating area.  According to the official build the seating area should look like this:

(Each of those little cushions had to be glued into place individually by the way!)

Now, anybody paying attention knows that the seating in the Falcon doesn't go all of the way round (those last few back cushions haven't got any support!) so I left the last three off and had to cut to shape, fill, sand and paint the last one so the back ran to the end of the support! I think that makes sense...

TordelBack

Excellent attention to detail there hippynumber1, but an odd call for the publisher. Maybe they're working off the YT-1300 factory blueprints, rather than the 'special modifications' version... Still, now you can feel you're really following in the footsteps of a Correlian scoundrel!

hippynumber1

Another major delivery of parts this morning, this time including the final subscribers' free gift (until the massive wall bracket with the final issue) - this Han Solo figure standing some 8" tall!