Main Menu

The man from U.N.C.L.E.

Started by DaveGYNWA, 12 February, 2015, 11:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Recrewt

Nice, I used to love the man from u.n.c.l.e. tv show which was repeated on bbc2 in the 90s and I pretty much like most of the films Guy Ritchie has done. 

I am now officially 'interested'.

Proudhuff

That's shite on so many levels, grave humping of the worse kind. what is it the Specials say about missing the point?

DDT did a job on me

Recrewt

Sounds like proudhuff might not like this one!

It seems to me that the two leads are pretty much in-line with the characters I remember from the tv show.  Granted, mention of the CIA and KGB does seem a bit odd in what is supposed to be an U.N.C.L.E. movie but this could just be an 'origin' setup?

Tiplodocus

Can't recall much about the show apart from the stars and the organisation names but that looks like fun. If they do it as a proper period piece, it should be a hoot.  My that Henry Cavill is a handsome man.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I still have my UNCLE hankie...
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

Not sure about the mid-70s music if they're going to specifically set it in 1963, but hey, any excuse to get people listening to Edwin Starr.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Professor Bear

That looks more than a bit strained.

Zenith 666

Strained or not I could easily sit in a cinema and look at Alicia Vikander for two hours.

Professor Bear

I imagine she is also in other - possibly better - films.

Richmond Clements

I managed to make it halfway through the trailer. I don't think this is for me.

Zenith 666

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 14 July, 2015, 01:52:02 PM
I imagine she is also in other - possibly better - films.

Ex Machina is great.

ThryllSeekyr

Not sure about this film, but the follow from the latest Superman film. I'm sure he make a great James Bond.

Judge Olde

I thought this trailer looks really rather good. As usual I'll await an Empire Review.