Main Menu

Zenith - Phase 3 hardcover Rebellion

Started by robert_ellis, 07 April, 2015, 10:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Yes I think a lot of the chaos is deliberate. Love the groundwork laying for book 4. Not sure why worlds are explored, enemies fought then bombed when a single hero could individually jump through the bridge & and blow the world away. Yes all of this can be attributed to Masterman's duplicity & the fog of war

The Monarch

God its so obvious how much of this story grant recycled in multiversity...

But I loved phase 3 then and i love it now

The Cheat

Just finished all 4 volumes and had a quick question.

[spoiler]Why did Maximan assemble all the heroes, give them bombs, and then send them to the crucial alternates to fight the Lloigor? If he was working with the Lloigor, and he had the bombs, why not just blow the alternates straight away with the heroes none the wiser? Apart from to make a good plot twist.[/spoiler]
Meh!

credo

Quote from: The Cheat on 07 September, 2015, 09:37:17 PM
Just finished all 4 volumes and had a quick question.

[spoiler]Why did Maximan assemble all the heroes, give them bombs, and then send them to the crucial alternates to fight the Lloigor? If he was working with the Lloigor, and he had the bombs, why not just blow the alternates straight away with the heroes none the wiser? Apart from to make a good plot twist.[/spoiler]

Not having reread since the Complete collection came out, but wasn't it that the destruction needed to happen at the right moment and the heroes needed to be kept away from the most important places ([spoiler]Zenith's home alternate[/spoiler]). The McGuffin around the whole collection of heroes is an appeal to their [spoiler]conceited, hubristic[/spoiler] heroic nature of trying to save as many as possible, allowing them to be kept out the way of the real action.

Or, I could be rationalising all of this after the fact as it would've been a pretty short story without any of this.

Hawkmumbler

Read yesterday in one sitting, a full review incoming (finally going to update my bookshelf blog) but by heck it was glorious. Really, it's amazing how Grant Morrison managed to make a crossover event comic that was joyous and thrilling without being over indulgent.

Oh, and another thing.

AWESOME ARCHIE STRONG ARCHIE THE ANARCHIST ANGEL MAD MENTAL CRAZY!!!!

Zenith 666

I want an acid Archie tee please rebellion.

Dash Decent

Is there anything extra in these individual volumes, compared to the initial all-in-one volume Rebellion released first.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Bonus material, besides the Interludes which I consider essential, is restricted to cover galleries for 2000AD, Fleetway reprints and the new cover for the trades by Steve Yeowell. Phase 1 also has (some) of Brendan McCarthys original illustrations which are loooovely.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 October, 2015, 02:34:12 AM
Is there anything extra in these individual volumes, compared to the initial all-in-one volume Rebellion released first.
The art is the proper size.
We never really die.

robert_ellis

Phase IV has individual Steve yeowell colour art from the data chips of the 4 main characters!