Main Menu

UK television premiere of DREDD

Started by Molch-R, 24 April, 2015, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

I use all my old VHS as a stand for my lovely flatscreen 3D telly, which Dredd looks awesome on BTW!  :D

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Jock Savage on 05 May, 2015, 04:53:26 PM
Same here - widescreen CRT bought in 1999 still does everything asked of it. I'll upgrade when SMART TVs actually work and are £200 from ASDA.

Same here. I was reluctantly hanging on to my old 32" wide screen CRT - it had seen four world cups - but still going strong and reliable as anything. Then one day last year the wife came home with a 32" flat screen Smart HDTV. It worked a treat - netflix, lovefilm, youtube, iplayer, you name it all work fine.  It wasn't £200 from ASDA though (£349 from John Lewis). I reckon these will only get cheaper as they push 4K more and more.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Molch-R

Got word from a contact at Channel 4 that the audience for DREDD was one million, which apparently is very respectible for a Saturday night screening that they didn't really advertise (oh, the irony).

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Molch-R on 14 May, 2015, 12:30:05 PM
Got word from a contact at Channel 4 that the audience for DREDD was one million, which apparently is very respectible for a Saturday night screening that they didn't really advertise (oh, the irony).

Good to see it beat Gogglebox, where we sit around our TVs watching people watch TV.  That could be right out of one of Wagner's more chilling stories about the general apathy of MC-1's populace.

Fungus

Well it tied with/lost out to Gogglebox, and the repeat at that (see Channel 4 #1...).

Goaty

I wonder if it nice to be featured in Googlebox? Would love to see their reactions to Caleb scene ;)

Jamie1000013

Quote from: Goaty on 14 May, 2015, 04:35:15 PM
I wonder if it nice to be featured in Googlebox? Would love to see their reactions to Caleb scene ;)

Would be nice but I think it is too violent for them to show clips on Gogglebox.

I may just buy this on Blu-Ray since I only have the DVD version. Wish Netflix would make a Dredd mini series already.