Main Menu

Society (1989) blu-ray

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2015, 02:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Nick Percival has done some great box-art for Arrow's release of the uniquely wonderful 1989 film Society

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TKCDM72?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

DIRECTOR-APPROVED LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

Newly remastered 2K digital transfer of the film, approved by director Brian Yuzna
High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
Original Stereo 2.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Brand new audio commentary by Yuzna
Governor of Society a brand new interview with Yuzna
The Masters of the Hunt a brand new featurette including interviews with stars Billy Warlock, Devin DeVasquez, Ben Meyerson and Tim Bartell
The Champion of the Shunt new featurette with FX artists Screaming Mad George, David Grasso and Nick Benson
2014 Q&A with Yuzna, recorded at Celluloid Screams Festival
Brian Yuzna in conversation backstage at the Society world premiere
Persecution Mania Screaming Mad George music video
Limited Edition Digipak packaging featuring newly-commissioned artwork by Nick Percival
Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Alan Jones, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
Society: Party Animal [Limited Edition Exclusive] the official comic sequel to Society, reproduced in its entirety in a perfect-bound book

Mattofthespurs

Mine's on it's way.
Haven't seen it since it's VHS release in early 1990.
Also bagged the box set of 'The Long Good Friday' and 'Mona Lisa' limited edition, which is superb.
Really looking forward to the limited edition of 'Videodrome' in August, which is one of my favourite films.

Mardroid

Thanks for posting!

I thought the film was called 'High Society' (understandable if you've seen it). Interesting how memory plays tricks.

JamesC

I've been trying to get hold of this film for ages. Last seen on Moviedrome introduced by Alex Cox.

Keef Monkey

Haven't seen this since I was a kid, was really disturbing at the time. Keen to pick this up and revisit it, I have a colleague who still makes references to 'shunting' quite regularly and it brings back memories of that odd film.

Hawkmumbler

Nice that Arrow took the time to include the comics in the package. Once again, one of the best cult labels on the market.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 15 May, 2015, 12:24:41 PM
Nice that Arrow took the time to include the comics in the package. Once again, one of the best cult labels on the market.

Agreed. After years of sub standard releases it seems some companies are taking note that cult film fans are where the action is.

Shameless are pretty decent, and Second Sight put out some good stuff but no one beats Arrow. Scream Factory in the US are fantastic too.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JamesC on 15 May, 2015, 12:18:50 PM
I've been trying to get hold of this film for ages. Last seen on Moviedrome introduced by Alex Cox.

A German blu-ray release has been available on amazon since 2013:

http://www.amazon.de/Society-Blu-ray-Billy-Warlock/dp/B00DZFMC1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431712288&sr=8-1&keywords=society

JamesC

There was a similar situation with Nightbreed. I don't want the German versions though.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JamesC on 17 May, 2015, 08:51:06 AM
There was a similar situation with Nightbreed. I don't want the German versions though.

Cracking US of Nightbreed.

Recrewt

That's some great box art from Nick Percival.  Whenever I see this movie it always reminds me of the Newts in Finn.  Not that I can recall them ever shunting.