Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2016

Started by Tiplodocus, 16 October, 2015, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

So apparently it's moving to the Concert Hall next year so everything will be under one roof.

CCA will still be 'a hub' showing films and stuff In the run up.

Sounds like good news to me - especially for those who were stuck up in the art school.

Excelsior! As they say.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fungus

Now that's a nice prospect. Look forward to the droids filling the main hall for their panel(s).

judgerussell

There had better be a bar. That's the best bit!
Saramango Bar is part of the Con experience!

Proudhuff

Will be coming through for this one, I believe Dode C is up for it too, new venue sounds better hope it doesn't lose the intimacy of the one hall.   
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Hopefully this will be a big enough venue to accommodate all as much as I like the CCA its all getting a bit cramped.

Also Bolland or GTF!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 26 October, 2015, 11:26:39 AM
Also Bolland or GTF!

Can I hold you to that?  ;)
Any whispers on which guests are coming?
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 October, 2015, 01:50:41 PM
Also Bolland or GTF!

You can if you want but I say it every year in the nerd hope that one day it'll come true  :-[

No guest news as yet but they usually wait until last minute to say then some cancel at the laster minute.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 26 October, 2015, 03:20:51 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 October, 2015, 01:50:41 PM
Also Bolland or GTF!

No guest news as yet but they usually wait until last minute to say then some cancel at the last minute.

a bit like oorselfs.... ;)
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

And that's me hotel booked, looks like there are a load of hotels already fully booked for that weekend around the venue, if anyone else is travelling.... and not sleeping in a park  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

The history of comics will be on at the Hunterian:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/hunterian/visit/exhibitions/exhibitionprogramme/comicinvention/#d.en.410343

'Taking us from the world's oldest comic to Donald Duck and Dr Dread, Comic Invention also reveals new material central to the history of comics.
Looking at the graphic narrative in its widest sense, the exhibition showcases treasures from The Hunterian and beyond, from the ancient Greeks to Hogarth and contemporary items.
Comic Invention also highlights a very important but little known work called The Glasgow Looking Glass of 1825 (pictured). Arguably the world's oldest comic, it predates titles like Punch by sixteen years.'

So the Jocks did invent comics Yah!
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

I am happy to say I am coming. Now.
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 22 December, 2015, 12:09:30 AM
I am happy to say I am coming. Now.

Just like Santa its once a year!

I will also be coming, obvs.

Satanist

Breakout guests are announced on site so fingers crossed more news and tickets on sale soon.

Proudhuff

Even digging up the train tracks and blocking Queen St tunnel isn't going to stop me this year....
DDT did a job on me