Main Menu

Please, add PayPal as a payment option

Started by Malek_Deneith, 08 January, 2016, 04:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malek_Deneith

Hi there

To put it briefly I'm a fairly new customer, only started buying your magazine last year but I'm enjoying it throughly. Sadly my bank's debit card can't be used for online purchases, so when on the net I make do with a combination of PayPal (where I can) and a prepaid credit card offered by another bank (where PayPal isn't available)... and I just learned that at end of 2015 my country decided to ban prepaid cards such as the one I'm using. As a result, while the card I have active is still usable, when it expires in about half a year I'll find myself without means to support galaxy's most zarjaz weekly magazine.

So I direct my plea to Mighty Tharg, his droids, or whomever else that might be listening and have power to make such things happen: Please introduce PayPal as an alternative option of making payments at your store.

That would be all from me, have a nice day :)

WhizzBang

I second this. I feel safer paying with PayPal and am much more likely to go through with the transaction if this option is available.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I suspect the PayPal fees might be an issue for Rebellion?
Lock up your spoons!

The Adventurer

I also would appreciate PayPal. Also a cart system of some kind on the Rebellion Account site.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

ThryllSeekyr

I think I said that some where around here earlier because Sage Pay is foreign to me and it involves jumping through some hoops to clear a transaction. which something I could do without. Where Pay-Pal is much easier for me.

BTW, Pay Pal is changing their ways of doing thins or maybe even closing down sometime in the future. That's what I heard.

TordelBack

Mmmm, while I understand that PayPal comes with its own set of problems for the company seller, I'd add my own name to this request. I have no credit card, or prospect of same, and PayPal is the only way I have of making online payments - other than dragging the wife into it, which isn't always... convenient.

Malek_Deneith

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 12 January, 2016, 11:15:20 PM
BTW, Pay Pal is changing their ways of doing thins or maybe even closing down sometime in the future. That's what I heard.
That would be very, very sad day for many people if it turns out to be true.

The Adventurer

As best I can tell PayPal is under a lot of pressure from companies like Apple would are rolling out their own kind of online pay system. If PayPal shuttered, I'd expect something like Apple to fill the gap.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bat King

That's be bad news Adventurer...

PayPal is safe & fast. I think a lot of users would like it being available.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: The Adventurer on 08 January, 2016, 08:02:22 PM
I also would appreciate PayPal. Also a cart system of some kind on the Rebellion Account site.

We've actually just finished QA of a shopping cart feature on the Rebellion Account Portal site and will be making this live early next week, along with some other ease-of-life improvements - before all the 2003 back issues are released :-)

2000ADWebDroid

Regarding Paypal, we've been aware for a while that there is some demand for offering this as a payment option, can't promise anything yet, but we're looking into it...

BTW on the Rebellion Account Portal 2000 AD shop (which the plan is to eventually evolve into a full-blown replacement for the current 2000 AD web shop, once we can support non-digital products on that, we'll also give it a splendid new look), we use a different payment processor for card payments (Stripe instead of Sage Pay), which seems to be much better at accepting a wider range of payment cards, especially non-UK ones, some of which Sage Pay seems to struggle with.

Malek_Deneith

Quote from: 2000ADWebDroid on 29 January, 2016, 01:11:22 PM
Regarding Paypal, we've been aware for a while that there is some demand for offering this as a payment option, can't promise anything yet, but we're looking into it...
Fingers crossed and thanks for the reply.