Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 05 March, 2016, 03:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Batman's Superior Cousin

Already pre-ordered it for PS4.  :D
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

CheechFU

Stop pre-ordering games

I, Cosh

I have pre-ordered this from a PSN sale in 2017.
We never really die.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: CheechFU on 07 March, 2016, 04:31:40 PM
Stop pre-ordering games

Who's it directed at? Me or Thrillseeker?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Woolly

Quote from: CheechFU on 07 March, 2016, 04:31:40 PM
Stop pre-ordering games

Why?
I've pre-ordered a few times, and every time it's bagged me some sort of freebie. And the chance to pre-download the game which doesn't hurt.

If you know you're going to buy the game upon release, then pre-orderings a pretty sound option IMO.

ThryllSeekyr

I don't think I will be pre-ordering this one, might wait until it's half-price, myself.  Relieved to see it's been ported to PC, because I was very nearly going to purchase one of the latest consoles for this, but was going to anyway.

Satanist

Waiting for reviews of this as though it looks great I'm not really sure how much actual "game" is in there.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Satanist on 08 March, 2016, 12:37:14 PM
Waiting for reviews of this as though it looks great I'm not really sure how much actual "game" is in there.

This. I can't help but feel it looks like a dull demo. The game seems to involve wandering aimlessly and looking at the pretty pictures.

Now, the recently announced Wonder Boy V (or is it 6) and new Pang... That makes me excited
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 March, 2016, 10:11:10 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 08 March, 2016, 12:37:14 PM
This. I can't help but feel it looks like a dull demo. The game seems to involve wandering aimlessly and looking at the pretty pictures.

Now, the recently announced Wonder Boy V (or is it 6) and new Pang... That makes me excited
For real?! Was it Booths or that manky arcade on Buchanan Street that had Pang? I was a pretty handy player at one time but never did make it all the way round the world.

My main interest in No Man's Sky is that one of my favourite bands, 65daysofstatic, haven't released an album for about four years because they've been doing the soundtrack for this.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

The manky one was Enterprise. But it was Booths.

The official PS blog has the skinny on the new Pang and Wonder Boy.

New Pang, April 19th
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

I'm also firmly in the No Mans Sky - Meh, New Pang - Hell Yes! camp.

Satanist

Enterprise had Double Dragon & Operation Wolf but Booths had Smash TV & Narc.

And where the fuck is my Toki remake Golgoth games, its been 5 fucking years  :'(

ahem, Pang you say...interesting.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

shaolin_monkey

Jeez, I was so bad at Pang.

However, I'm a reasonable pilot, and I love exploring strange new worlds, so I'm going to get No Man's Sky.

JamesC

No Man's Sky looks a bit boring but I'm willing to reserve judgement. To be honest I'd really like to see a new Colony Wars or Rogue Leader.

Pang is a cracking game so very pleased to hear we're getting a new version (there was a pretty bad DS version subtitled 'Magical Michael' in which the game was reimagined with a magician as the main character - hopefully this one will be better).

I'm really hyped for the new Wonder Boy - or Monster Boy as it's called. It's a shame they dropped the 'Wizard of Booze' subtitle - I thought that was great. Personally I think Wonder Boy in Monster World is one of the greatest games ever made so I'll definitely be buying this. Fingers crossed for a physical release.