Main Menu

ABC Warriors Time line

Started by james newell, 18 March, 2016, 01:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

is there an ABC Warriors story time line some where? from Ro-busters to Warriors to joining nemisis and beyond?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: james newell on 18 March, 2016, 01:37:58 PM
is there an ABC Warriors story time line some where? from Ro-busters to Warriors to joining nemisis and beyond?

Not sure. It's very, very messy so it could be impossible to chart.  They are involved in Savage's, Dredd's and Nemesis' universes, none of which comfortably lead into one another.  After their adventures in Nemesis' world they seem to inexplicably go back to Mars as it was thousands of years before the Termight Empire without any time travel involved.

It's all over the shop. Good luck with finding a timeline, but you'll make a lot of fanboys rest easier if you do!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

I'm pretty sure DarkJimbo's done one of his handymental infographics for this, but the best I could come up with was this thread with a link to an Amazon reading list.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Can open, worms everywhere!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Time worms.

Shoehorn Slaine in there!

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 March, 2016, 01:46:50 PM
After their adventures in Nemesis' world they seem to inexplicably go back to Mars as it was thousands of years before the Termight Empire without any time travel involved.

They travel back thousands of years through the Time Wastes and stay in the past at the end of 'The Black Hole', this is, presumably, a few hundred years after the original Mars mission and fits with the current storyline. They don't appear to move in time after that, and only Deadlock appears in subsequent Termight stories.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Steve Green

I don't think it's ever stated that the Return to Mars happens after Hellbringer, (Is there ever a mention of a Terran empire after that?)

So it's possible they could have gone back further again?

The standalone Deadlock series is the oddity - After Hellbringer did he travel forward again post book X via time travel and then back again, or did he take the long way around and those adventures actually take place after the return to Mars?

Or it's just hand wavy Khaos transporting his personality to a duplicated body.

As is mentioned in the other thread, that means there are at least 2 sets of ABC Warriors knocking about in the Return to Mars era anyway.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 March, 2016, 02:59:24 PM
I don't think it's ever stated that the Return to Mars happens after Hellbringer, (Is there ever a mention of a Terran empire after that?)

So it's possible they could have gone back further again?

The standalone Deadlock series is the oddity - After Hellbringer did he travel forward again post book X via time travel and then back again, or did he take the long way around and those adventures actually take place after the return to Mars?

Or it's just hand wavy Khaos transporting his personality to a duplicated body.

As is mentioned in the other thread, that means there are at least 2 sets of ABC Warriors knocking about in the Return to Mars era anyway.

Maybe that's where those spare bodies in Shadow Warriors came from!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

After their adventures in Nemesis' world they seem to inexplicably go back to Mars as it was thousands of years before the Termight Empire without any time travel involved.

Lobob Baggins has already put it much simpler, but - they've gone back in time the minute they enter the time tunnels at the start of Black Hole. These underground tubes safely funnel away the excess or 'overflow' time created as a by-product by Emperor Zalinn's Black Hole Bypass - as Nemesis puts it 'Here are the entrances to Earth's past and future, in a temporal No Man's Land no Termite dare enter.'  They make it possible to traverse time as though it's a physical place; hence the scene where the Warriors talk about making a detour through real-time in an attempt to throw the Eternals off their scent. This is also how Thoth and Satanus are able to rampage back throughout Torque's ancestry.

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 March, 2016, 01:57:31 PM
I'm pretty sure DarkJimbo's done one of his handymental infographics for this...

Huh. D'you know, I don't actually think I have!

When Happy Sharpnel rose from the grave he put out a distress call that the Warriors got during the party on Lo-Braseel at the end of Hellbringer. They hop straight in a ship and head back to Mars, when the Medusa War starts and Morrigun dies.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Oh, and to answer the op's question - the Volgan War books all have pretty much the very timeline you're asking for at the start of each one.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 March, 2016, 05:04:51 PM

Lobob Baggins has already put it much simpler, but - they've gone back in time the minute they enter the time tunnels at the start of Black Hole. These underground tubes safely funnel away the excess or 'overflow' time created as a by-product by Emperor Zalinn's Black Hole Bypass - as Nemesis puts it 'Here are the entrances to Earth's past and future, in a temporal No Man's Land no Termite dare enter.'  They make it possible to traverse time as though it's a physical place; hence the scene where the Warriors talk about making a detour through real-time in an attempt to throw the Eternals off their scent. This is also how Thoth and Satanus are able to rampage back throughout Torque's ancestry.

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 March, 2016, 01:57:31 PM
I'm pretty sure DarkJimbo's done one of his handymental infographics for this...

Huh. D'you know, I don't actually think I have!

When Happy Sharpnel rose from the grave he put out a distress call that the Warriors got during the party on Lo-Braseel at the end of Hellbringer. They hop straight in a ship and head back to Mars, when the Medusa War starts and Morrigun dies.

Right, gotcha.

james newell

Thanks, not a straight forward answer then, will look at Dandontdare suggestions.

they are time less, I guess!

Skullmo

I think it goes something like this

PAST:
Savage

ABC The Mek-nificent Seven

ABC flashback - Return to Earth

Ro-Busters orig series (but only the Pat Mills ones) and flashback Return to Robusters

Nemesis books 4, 5 and 6

ABC Black Hole

They then travel back in time to the period between the end of ro busters and them being in Nemesis

Nemesis and Deadlock

ABC Khronicles of Khaos

ABC Hellbringer

ABC The Third Element
ABC The Medusa Wars
ABC The Shadow Warriors
With flashback from Return to Mars in here

ABC Volgan War

PRESENT TIME:
The computer generated parts of the 'Return To' trilogy

FUTURE:
Whatever battle will be between the ABC's and Quartz

Deadlock

It's a bit confusing and there may be 2 versions running about but one thing to keep in mind is it is a comic, so it doesnt really matter that much.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

The mind boggles, that being said it looks like Skullmo put more thought into that one post than Pat Mills put into the whole of Return of Ro-Busters. :lol: