Main Menu

Dark Souls 3 - Git Gud!

Started by Satanist, 04 April, 2016, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

So the reviews for the game that absolutely hates you are out today and are pretty positive/great, anyone else looking forward to it?

I only played the first and gave up quite sharpish but I don't think I really understood why I was dying so much or the games mechanics. However this all clicked with Bloodborne which was my game of 2015 so this is day 1 for me. I'm off all next week with the kids and we're all hyped for this, anyone else gonna praise the sun or are you all busy playing candy-crush?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Greg M.

Quote from: Satanist on 04 April, 2016, 02:40:40 PM
However this all clicked with Bloodborne which was my game of 2015 so this is day 1 for me.

Same for me - Bloodborne has been the best game of the current console generation to date, and Dark Souls 3 looks apocalyptically beautiful. Very much looking forward to it - and as luck would have it, I am also off work next week. Perfect timing.

I, Cosh

Nah mate. I'm too busy playing Devil Daggers.

Quote from: Satanist on 04 April, 2016, 02:40:40 PMI only played the first and gave up quite sharpish but I don't think I really understood why I was dying so much or the games mechanics.
This was exactly my experience in DS2 until I sat down and watched a walkthrough of the first half hour or so and then it all made sense.

Anyway, yes. I am quite up for this. However, I have still managed to avoid buying a PS4 but only by virtue of playing a sort of credit card Russian Roulette every Friday/Saturday for the past month but I imagine that'll come to end soon.

I do think I'll probably get Bloodborne first so there will likely be some fixes and a DLC or two by the time I get round to DS3 in six months time.
We never really die.

Satanist

Just so you know Bloodbornes been patched so that you can call in AI helpers for most of the bosses AND online help, I did it all on my own so consider that cheating  ;)

I'm currently trying to help my mate on the final (DLC) boss who is a complete twat but I think hes going down soon.

Its not really that difficult a game once you get into the swing of it but the DLC really ramps it up to the point I think it was designed for co-op.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Apestrife

Just gotten into Bloodborne. Thinking of maybe giving Dark Souls a go after playing that (If I'm ever to finish it, that said). Think I read something about a collection of all three DS games coming to PS4 as well.

I'm avoiding playing Bloodborne too late at nights, since the difficulty get's me a bit too worked up to be able to sleep, but I'm having an absolute blast. There's something about a game you really need to learn --the hard way. Be it a good Mario level or hitting monsters in the head :)