Main Menu

looking for a British Comic publisher

Started by lwhitehead, 17 June, 2016, 12:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwhitehead

Hi folks I've got an idea for a comic a Vigilante one, staring Lord Protector a British Batman like character based in London.

I'm Half British I'm my Mother side Canadian and got Aspergers,

I know I need Comic Artists as well,

LW

Fungus

Edit: Good Luck.

hippynumber1

An idea is not a story. I would suggest you write a few episodes before you start looking for a publisher. Good luck.

hippynumber1

Or you could self-publish. That would also involve writing your story first and you would need an artist and letterer before you could get anywhere.

pauljholden

Sadly, there's only a couple of British publishers and they generally won't accept ideas unless they're written up as full scripts and obey their various submissions guide lines. 2000ad for example, when it does accept unsolicited submissions, requires them to be in the form of 4 page future shocks.

There are a few small press comic publishers who are more flexible, but even those often get so many scripts that it's better to have an artist attached.

Finding an artist can be tough, many writers tend to find them among their own friends or circle of friends. Sometimes it's easier to draw your own work - it doesn't have to be great, just good enough, and put the stories online and bring them to comic shows to sell. That's how Al Ewing began his career and he's now working for marvel.

Good luck.

-PJ

lwhitehead

I know that part I have to find a very very Cheap but good Artist and Letter, this isn't not the First time I tried to create a Comic.

They need mock pages at least 5 to send as a sample,

LW

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: lwhitehead on 17 June, 2016, 04:05:04 PM
I know that part I have to find a very very Cheap but good Artist and Letter.
I know people desperate for work will accept any kind of money graciously but jesus dude you might want to fix your attitude to potential coworkers if you want to get anywhere.

"Cheap but good" i deed!

lwhitehead

sorry but I'm brutal honest person, This what I need a British Publishers,Artists and Inkers. also I'm having problems trying to place a Ducal Castle in Westminster?,

the Dukes of Westminster have a friendly rivals with the Duke of Devonshire since they are Landlords over London they each have half of it,

LW

sheridan

Quote from: lwhitehead on 14 October, 2016, 01:01:46 AM
sorry but I'm brutal honest person, This what I need a British Publishers,Artists and Inkers. also I'm having problems trying to place a Ducal Castle in Westminster?,

the Dukes of Westminster have a friendly rivals with the Duke of Devonshire since they are Landlords over London they each have half of it,

LW

Off the top of my head there's three palaces in Westminster - you could modify one of those to be a castle?

lwhitehead

Well I'm just going to add a Ducal Palace into Westminster, second I think that this Batman inspired Vigilante Character is good enough for British Comics,

LW

Smith

Btw,isnt that a bit like DC's Knight?Just saying.

lwhitehead

A better version of Knight, The Knight is so C List.

The Lord Protector is on an Equal Level to Batman,

LW

Smith

JamesC

Quote from: lwhitehead on 09 January, 2017, 04:30:45 AM
A better version of Knight, The Knight is so C List.

The Lord Protector is on an Equal Level to Batman,

LW

I think you need to take the advice given above regarding writing an actual story.
Everyone who's ever considered themselves a comic fan has come up with an idea for a character but it means absolutely nothing until you have an interesting tale to tell.

lwhitehead

I can't use the Ducal Peer of Westminster there is already one currently, dam can anyone help me out?.

LW