Main Menu

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

That Zombie felt like Resident Evil to me.  What an odd episode!  Still kept me mostly entertained but mainly due to D&C.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Well that one was faithful to quite a few issues of the comic.  In the bad way that sometimes they hardly fucking feature zombies at all.

JayzusB.Christ

Well, I fecking loved that special zombie, and its surroundings.  A nice touch of Cursed Earth to finally break up the endless forests and clapboard.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Buttonman

I think we all know this season will end with the cliff-hanger of the impending battle with Negan - way to spin it out!

Satanist

Nice to see that they used an Amiga for this weeks CGI  :|
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

The CG in the show does bother me sometimes - the deer this week looked pretty bad, and the shot last week of the impaled decaying zombie on the fence was very rough too. It's a shame when the show uses CG, because it's almost always poor and pulls you out of it, especially as the Nicotero physical effects look so cool when they do use them (the fat-necked zombie encounter this week was very nice and seemed to be all prosthetics).

I get that it's a time thing and that doing it physically would just take too long or be too expensive, but given the show's production values and how good some other shows look (we're rewatching Battlestar just now and the space battles are incredible for a TV show) it is always a little surprising when TWD's effects occasionally clunk like that.

SIP

This week's episode was the best one in a while for me. The series has been on a low for a while and this episode actually had zombies!

Link Prime

The season 7.5 drinking game:

Step 1) Take a shot of blackjack schnapps every time Rick smiles for no reason.
Step 2) Join the un-dead via alcohol poisoning.

Tiplodocus

I thought you were being harsh on the cgi when I first saw the deer. Then it turned up again.

That was a better balance of talky and action (and obligatory characters being plain daft) that I like in Walking Dead.

But it wasn't brilliant. We need this to be an average episode and better stuff to knock our socks off.

Proudhuff

I thought that deer was a plastic one from the Funfair at first, they might have been better using one, or at least a stuffed one?

I couldn't get me head around what that place was supposed to be: a Army supply dump come funfair?
and the whole car window/boot/backseat/sunroof thing seemed ill thought out... but I did laugh at the sad sack soldier falling to pieces and the brakes not working  :lol:

oh and are the Junkyard people in the comic? I can't remember them, are they just there to make up the numbers?
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Looking at clips online - I don't think it was CGI (at least not 3D), but a live action one rotoscoped and composited.

But yeah a bit weird for a high budget show like that.

Proudhuff

So how many episodes left in this series?

Anyone putting money on the big show down being before or after the last minute of the last one?

How much meat does a tiger eat a day?  I seem to recall there was a bit in the comics letter page about the tiger eating TWD, but that would be like the pigs eating one, surely it would pass on, thinking scrapie/madcow disease type of thing?
DDT did a job on me

moly

Link Prime

Tiplodocus

I actually liked that Carol and Morgan centric episode.  Damn, I'd only just learnt that characters name and now he goes and gets killed.  And that one too.