Main Menu

Building my own art desk

Started by amines2058, 04 August, 2016, 03:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Hivemind help needed. As part of a major build going on in my house (double story extension) I wil be acquiring a small area that I can set up as a permanent home for my art. As part of this I want to make my own art desk with adjustable height such as shown below.

I have been looking at numerous options for how to achieve this adjustment, with the most practical appearing to be the same as shown above which is an adjustable ratchet support (for drafting tables.

This is where my problem arises, in that I can find numerous US retailers flogging these for reasonable costs, yet cannot even find 1 UK seller for this item? I though then that perhaps this may go under a different name so have tried lots of possibilities but to no avail.
Anyone who can identify a cheap UK retailer of such an item will be forever in my debt!

mightybren

Trent

Rotring do an adjustable A2 drawing board (£143 from Amazon).
Looks like you want to be able to store things in it though which reduces your options unless you are happy to make your own.

amines2058

Thanks both. To further elaborate, I wish to inlay my current A3 light box into the lid meaning a bespoke size is required. Plus I am trying to utilise as much space as possible in what is quite a small area. Storage had planned to be a drawer built underneath the unit. Perhaps I can rob the hardware from a prebuilt 2nd hand drawing board????