Main Menu

Prog 1996 - Fatherland

Started by I, Cosh, 27 August, 2016, 11:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: Tjm86 on 01 September, 2016, 06:40:18 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 01 September, 2016, 02:39:07 PM
Couple of dumb questions.

Do we know which variant cover subscribers will be getting?

Not really that dumb, I'd like to know the answer to that one since there are three this time.

Quote from: Magnetica on 01 September, 2016, 02:39:07 PM
Do we know which comic shops will be selling the Fabry version?

Isn't the Fabry one a Diamond exclusive, in which case I guess it would be down to individual CS's?  I relented on the Crimbo one and picked it up from Proud Lion in Cheltenham

Yes it is a Diamond exclusive, but the thing is, I don't know what that means  :-[

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 01 September, 2016, 09:06:06 PM
Isn't the Fabry one a Diamond exclusive, in which case I guess it would be down to individual CS's?  I relented on the Crimbo one and picked it up from Proud Lion in Cheltenham

Yes it is a Diamond exclusive, but the thing is, I don't know what that means  :-[
It means that only comic shops that receive comics from Diamond Distribution will have them.  No idea what proportion of comic shops that works out as though.

Jacqusie

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 27 August, 2016, 05:29:20 PM

Sorry it's late, Mr Mainwaring. I had to see a man about a dog. Red sky at night, southers take fright and all that.

Lovely work by Paul Davidson, I like his attention to detail, colours and textures with some great characterisation. The return of Jagier is welcome to help bolster the prog on it's run towards the big one too...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 02 September, 2016, 12:02:51 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 01 September, 2016, 09:06:06 PM

It means that only comic shops that receive comics from Diamond Distribution will have them.  No idea what proportion of comic shops that works out as though.

There is another catch. I've ordered this from my LCS and was warned that its limited to 2000 (for obvious reasons). If therefore it gets over ordered from Diamond they will distribute using allocations. This plays into the hands of the larger comic shops who can take the risk of ordering larger numbers and therefore at least get copies to give to people who have ordered it.

Of course 2000 may well be plenty. We'll see.

Magnetica

Thanks Colin. So I have ended up doing the "obvious" thing and pre-ordered from Forbidden Planet online.

Hopefully the subscription will give me one of the others and I can buy the remaining one in Smiths.

Magnetica

Odd thing is their Website is saying it is due for release on 12th Oct, yet the signings are on 1st Oct.

Colin YNWA

I'be always found Forbidden Planet dates a work of fiction at the best of times. Find it hard to believe they won't have plenty at the signines. If you do end up with 2 I'd be surprised if there aren't loads of people here prepared to take it off your hands and cover your losses. I may be one if I don't get to a signing and my LMS can't get me one!

Magnetica

Yes indeed. According to my maths it should be in the shops on Weds 28th Sept, so I am planning to go up to Orbital and / or FP on Shaftsesbury AV after work.

Most likely thing is I will end up with 2 copies ( 4 of Prog 2000 in total).

I, Cosh

Quote from: Magnetica on 02 September, 2016, 10:37:45 AM
Most likely thing is I will end up with 2 copies ( 4 of Prog 2000 in total).
I will swap you for one of the five copies of Prog 500 which I still have.
We never really die.

Magnetica

I have two of those myself  :D

(And given it features the best ever art in the Prog - IMHO - in the form of Episode 1 of Slaine the King- I'm fine with that ).