Main Menu

Things to do in Manchester?

Started by Apestrife, 27 September, 2016, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

You could always drop in on my sister in Glossop and say hello.  Do not drop in on my sister in Glossop and say hello.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Quote from: Apestrife on 28 September, 2016, 06:42:46 PM
Btw. Any good record stores? Vinyl.
The famous old Vinyl Exchange looked like it had closed down last time I passed (probably ages ago knowing me)- shame, this was always absolutely packed shoulder-to shoulder with a strict etiquette of crowd control as rows of people flicked through records before shuffling one box down. There are vinyl shops, but it's not my area so can't really help there.

Quote from: Apestrife on 28 September, 2016, 06:42:46 PM
Also. Any local beers that are essential?
Now beer on the other hand ... I was going to suggest anything by the Marble brewery, and when I checked here to see if I knew any others, I was surprised to see that Shindigger was local - that's been my recent tipple in the Piccadilly Tap, lovely strong Pale Ale, and I thought it was American! Another brewery that's not mentioned in that list is Red Willow from Macclesfield - all their beers end in ~less (Reckless, Headless, Aimless etc) You'll often find them as guest beers all over the place, and although they sometime scrape the barrel coming up with new names (I'm sure I ordered a pint of Hopeless once, which was a bit too ominously metaphorical for my taste), I've never not enjoyed their beers.

I'd offer to join you on a pub crawl, but I'm off to Majorca this weekend!

I, Cosh

Surely Piccadilly Records is still going? Remember that being a great shop.
We never really die.

Apestrife

first day we (me and dad) wandered round and round. found a small recordshop as well as a cellar full of stuff. Everything from old progs, dc marvel to "adult magazines". Will try to visit some of the suggested places today.

Lots of people seem quite chatty here. its good. my dad needs to exercise his english :)