Main Menu

Prog 2001 - Hungry for Thrills

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 01 October, 2016, 07:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Clint Langley cover. Let's see what Pete's pun is for this one.

Are we all progless in Gaza? I am.
Or all still at the signings?

flip-r mk2

Back home from the Edinburgh signing but no prog :(

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Frank

Remember how we were giving the new droids a hard time about stylistic choices on covers just a few months ago? Best designed cover since Leigh Gallagher in 2013, which guarantees it a spot in my top three* for Pete's end of year poll.

Every decision Langley makes is right, perfectly balancing the wild, messy energy of the dominant image with the still smallness and precision of the neatly arrayed human characters, and giving hues the heave in favour of Jay-Z monochrome is genius.

It's like an inverted Jaws.

* Brendan McCarthy's 1975 and Tom Foster's 1986, since you ask

Trent

Agree with Frank. Not generally Langley's biggest fan but as a cover image that is a piece of genius.

Steve Green

It's a lovely reverse of the Jaws poster.

JUDGE BURNS

No prog 2001 here in Ayrshire , after spending the day in Edinburgh getting loads of books signed I was hoping to relax and read the latest prog.  The Royal Mail in Scotland is terrible these days.  Picture below is of Emma Beeby , Gordon Rennie , Tom Foster and Colin MacNeil.  Sadly, Alan Grant could not make it today .

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 01 October, 2016, 09:19:51 PM
Every decision Langley makes is right, perfectly balancing the wild, messy energy of the dominant image with the still smallness and precision of the neatly arrayed human characters

Not so sure the ones on the ends are human, but fair points made :P

Saw Clint at FB London today - he's still working on the later episodes as the first one is being published!

sheridan

Line-up, according to the ad in Prog 2000 will be:

• Judge Dredd - Get Sin
  • Flesh: Gorehead
  • Hunted
  • Savage: The Märze Murderer
  • Counterfeit Girl
My main reason for posting is I'm wondering how on Earth (or Mars?) you're supposed to pronounce Märze.  I'm familiar with German pronunciation of words with ä, so remains to be seen which context and country it will appear in*.  As Savage was off to Europe last time we saw him, I wonder if the upcoming story was written pre- or post- 'referendum'...

*or is it just a heavy metal umlaut?

Frank

Quote from: sheridan on 02 October, 2016, 01:17:17 AM
I'm wondering how on Earth (or Mars?) you're supposed to pronounce Märze

According to this audio file, like a patron of Café René.

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 02 October, 2016, 09:00:20 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 02 October, 2016, 01:17:17 AM
I'm wondering how on Earth (or Mars?) you're supposed to pronounce Märze

According to this audio file, like a patron of Café René.

But which patron of Café René?  The English spy attempting to speak French, the natives or the German occupiers?  Though now you've posted that link I do remember a few lines about the German resistance in the most recent episode of Savage.

Dudley

Dudley

Depends on the scale.  Could be a Copsognathus, but it's probably a diplodocus. 

ZenArcade

Quote from: Dudley on Today at 07:14:17 am
Is that a police tyrannosaurus?
Could be a TriceraCops?

My coat? How kind

:lol: :lol: :lol: Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Mattofthespurs