Main Menu

Dan Dare Vol 2

Started by Magnetica, 30 October, 2016, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Pretty surprised there isn't a thread for this already - or maybe I just can't see it.

Anyway Vol 2 is up for pre-order now.

I have just ordered mine.

Must get round to finishing off Vol 1.

Tiplodocus

Me too.

Did you finish the main strip and then think "I'll get back to the annual stories later" but never seem to get round to it?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Magnetica

I read all the Belardinelli Prog stuff (fairly quickly) then read about 4 or 5 of the Gibbons stuff and then stopped - to read other things instead e.g. finish off the original Harlem Heroes and Inferno which I have had knocking about for about two years.

Tony Angelino

I've been holding on to the first volume and haven't read it yet (I'm of the age where I had read the strips back in the 70's and I also experienced first hand the horrendous Quality Comics reprints of the Gibbons material).

I haven't been impressed with either of the covers of these new volumes though. Volume 1 was okay but Dare's gun just looked completely wrong. Volume 2 is better. Its always good to seen Ian Kennedy art but why has Dan got black hair? Surely it would be out of character for Dan Dare to dye his hair? I will expect a variant cover with brown hair.

Magnetica

Vol 2 arrived a couple of days ago. Just opened it (there was a serious amount of packaging  :D ).

Now to put it with my other not yet read trades.