Main Menu

the xmas haul thread

Started by Grugz, 26 December, 2016, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

well, what did santa bring?

johnny walker black label (which as my granddads fave)
art of rogue one
rogue one visual guide
4 boxes of ferror rocher
beer
stormtrooper smelly set,shower gel and another shower gel all stormtrooper themed from the girl
black series at at driver
Christmas star wars t-shirt
lynx

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Grugz on 26 December, 2016, 03:42:37 PM

I got the Merry Sithmas one. I love it.

That Rogue One visual guide is astounding - not least because it shows us that him off Horrible Histories and the Detectorists was Blue Five!

Mardroid

I got:
A box of M&S tasty treats including a Christmas pudding (I might eat that tonight) chocolate truffles (I've eaten some of those already) shortbread biscuits (eaten a lot of those already).

A scarf. (A nice grey one. I like it a lot.)

Bottle of cologne. ( I don't think I've ever had cologne before. More a spray-on-deodorant-and-that's-it guy, although in my younger days I'd sometimes use a bit of aftershave. Looks a nice quality one though, I really do appreciate it!)

A cheque from my parents which will come in very handy right now.

Grugz

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 December, 2016, 07:02:04 PM
Quote from: Grugz on 26 December, 2016, 03:42:37 PM

I got the Merry Sithmas one. I love it.

That Rogue One visual guide is astounding - not least because it shows us that him off Horrible Histories and the Detectorists was Blue Five!

I like they jigged his real name around to create his in film one....did he die( a stupid death)?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

moly

Very happy with my haul
Bottle of brandy
Walking dead monopoly
2000ad documentary DVD
2000ad script book
Money to go towards my dredd tattoo

The Enigmatic Dr X

I got very little and was quite happy (Matey bubble bath, some chocolate nuts, some marzipan fruits).

Saving pennies for the 40th do in February and then a Nintendo Switch.
Lock up your spoons!

DaveGYNWA

Bottle of Jack Daniels.
Bottle of Jack Daniels 'Tennessee Fire'
Star Wars "AT-AT Reindeer" t-shirt
Genius Smartarse (Guinness) t-shirt
Some mini-bottles of Scotch.
2 bottles of chillii sause.
Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Lego
The Ladybird book of the Zombie Apocalypse.
A Marvel belt.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 26 December, 2016, 07:21:32 PM
I got:
A box of M&S tasty treats including a Christmas pudding (I might eat that tonight) chocolate truffles (I've eaten some of those already) shortbread biscuits (eaten a lot of those already).

A scarf. (A nice grey one. I like it a lot.)

Bottle of cologne. ( I don't think I've ever had cologne before. More a spray-on-deodorant-and-that's-it guy, although in my younger days I'd sometimes use a bit of aftershave. Looks a nice quality one though, I really do appreciate it!)

A cheque from my parents which will come in very handy right now.

To add to the above, here's another present I received yesterday:
A box of Lynx deodorant, bodywash and (rather unusual, but nice) wooden earphones. The earphones all part of the set with the smelly stuff.

Prodigal2

Dr who graphic novels x3.
Big Finish Avengers reprints from Diana.
Neil Gaiman "Cheap Seats.."
DVD's
Assorted novels (Ben Elton's Time and Time Again is great read).

Satanist

My ticket to the 40th, travel and accommodation  :lol:
Dead of Winter Board game
Judge Fish T-shirt
Prophet books 1 and 2
From Hell GN
Indigo Prime Anthropocalypse
Narcos season 1
some cash

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Strangely, not getting a big pressie from a certain party had me chuffed, the promise to stop chorrying has held!

Also got a pile of great stuff off my wish list, including the Singing Ringing Tree DVD  :o

Most importantly a good family get together wi my Boys!

Pa 'Angel' Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

SuperSurfer

Evel Knievel stunt cycle.

Red Devil parachute pack for Action Man.

Hang on I'm getting my Christmasses mixed up. Maybe that was 1976?

I got a pair of shoes. I gathered up the energy to open those on Boxing Day. Despite being all fluey I could see they'd been worn. Not tried on in the shop but properly worn and sold as new to my unsuspecting Mrs. They have now been returned. Of course there are no more in stock so she is a bit richer. Worked out well for someone.

Some man toiletries.

A Kung Fu book. Quite difficult to see what is going on in the pictures. 

Bottle of sparkly and bottle of wine which I left at my mother's house as they will never get drunk round here.

A bag of pretzels. Did I say I like pretzels?

No Viz annual.

Ungrateful? Me?

All is well, as I bought myself two comic fonts.

TordelBack

My big pressie was a half-share in the 3A Dredd 12", so I have no complaints, plus I was deluged in socks, marmite and €2 bargain bin Force Awakens figures from the kids, which I was thrilled with since I point-blank refused to pay the original €11-14 asking price for the 5PoA versions.  Now I have an impressive, most impressive, NuStormtrooper and Flametrooper unit to follow Kylo Ren into battle on my desk. Also got one of those Google Cardboard viewers from the in-laws which unfortunately makes me nauseous after about 30 seconds.

Best bit of Christmas this year was building robots with the Boy, Lego with the Girl, hikes and drinks with old mates, and lots and lots of boardgames and DVD marathons. Somehow having a job that actually mandates you take holidays over Christmas meant I genuinely relaxed thus year, instead of working or stressing about not working as usual. I don't miss sitting at my desk on Stephen's Day, I can tell you that. Good stuff.

Mattofthespurs

App controlled BB8
Plasma Ball
15 books including several DC and Marvel Omnibuses
2 Last Exit to Nowhere t shirts
3 bottles of 20 yr old whiskey
Donnie Darko limited edition blu ray
a 3 day trip to Rome, hotel and flights
A limited edition Jaws poster
Another year on my cineworld card
and some other stuff.

I must have been a good boy. No coal at least.

Plus I get to play with my Son's Playstation VR with 10 games...Well, when he goes back to school on Thursday I do anyway.

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?